1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

K and N filter install question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jjsask, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    jjsask

jjsask [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab 4x4 TRD
    My 02 v6 came with a K and N when I bought it but I can't figure out which way to install the filter in the airbox. There is a frame thing that you set the filter into and drop the assembly into the airbox. It will fit both with the filter side facing the incoming dirty air or with the frame side facing the dirty air. Anyone who has one will know exactly what I mean but the instructions say nothing about it. Can anyone confirm which way these filters are to be installed?

2. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    If you look at that frame, it has two tabs protruding out-the filter has two "female" indentations on its own frame. You meet the tabs with the female slots and the frame side goes towards the front.

On a side note-I have a K+N filter too-I don't use it because IMO it does nothing. I get better throttle with a stock filter as well as better filtration. K+Ns only make a difference IMO on high horsepower engines. Just food for thought:)

Products Discussed in

To Top