Notices

Muffler install price?

Old 04-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Konahorn is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
Konahorn's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler install price?

Aloha Guys,

1st timer here. I recently discovered Tacoma World and really enjoy reading the posts. Very informative!

My 02 Taco has 120,000 miles on it and I have just started to make a few changes to it. I just received an Injen cold air intake and will install it tomorrow. Also based on some posts I have read here I ordered a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler model # 17748. It should arrive in a few days. My question is...What is a reasonable cost to have that installed by a muffler shop? I really have no clue at all what the "norm" is and wondered what you guys have experienced?

Thanks for any help and Happy Easter to you all.

Aloha
Rich
Old 04-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd...I'm bout to buy a wicked flows muffler and wanted to know the same.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
1-2 hours labor tops, I think I paid around 120$ to have mine installed.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
I had an aero center center so I had my midpipe before the muffler replaced so it could be a center center and I got a quote for 200 with stainless steel piping but im selling my aero now I never got around to putting it in
Old 04-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It cost me 50 bucks to have the old one cut out and the new one welded in. i also got the exhaust dumped over the rear axle so that may have cost a bit extra.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
austinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
austinstaco's Tacoma Gallery
depends on the shop i got mine done at a local shop here in dallas it was $350 but that was flowmaster 2 3.5"x12 tips custom bent dual exhaust and all new hangers

Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
david7268 is on a distinguished road
david7268's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konahorn View Post
Aloha Guys,

1st timer here. I recently discovered Tacoma World and really enjoy reading the posts. Very informative!

My 02 Taco has 120,000 miles on it and I have just started to make a few changes to it. I just received an Injen cold air intake and will install it tomorrow. Also based on some posts I have read here I ordered a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler model # 17748. It should arrive in a few days. My question is...What is a reasonable cost to have that installed by a muffler shop? I really have no clue at all what the "norm" is and wondered what you guys have experienced?

Thanks for any help and Happy Easter to you all.

Aloha
Rich

If you're not having anything fabricated up, then $50 to $75. My suggestion is find one of those shitty "we can do anything"
muffler shops, and see if they'll do it for $40. There isn't much that could go wrong other than leaks, but you should be able to hear those right off the bat, and ask them to fix them while you're there.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow center in/out + mid pipe $65.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinstaco View Post
depends on the shop i got mine done at a local shop here in dallas it was $350 but that was flowmaster 2 3.5"x12 tips custom bent dual exhaust and all new hangers

Looks good! I'm think of doing this soon too. I called a local place here and got quoted 375 for flowmaster 40 single in and dual outs. Would it cost more for the duals near the back side rear like yours or straight out the back?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
i got my super 10 installed for 30 bucks.
cut the old one out, re-welded in a new one and put new hangers all for 30!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
Konahorn is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
Konahorn's Tacoma Gallery
I will look around for a couple of local shops and see what they are asking. This gives me a decent ballpark. Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.

Aloha
Old 04-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my Flow Master 44 new off Ebay for $65 shipped and had a local shop called Performance Muffler install it for $30
Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #14
austinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
austinstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
Looks good! I'm think of doing this soon too. I called a local place here and got quoted 375 for flowmaster 40 single in and dual outs. Would it cost more for the duals near the back side rear like yours or straight out the back?
I do not know ask the shop, I did mine out the sides so there is less of a chance to crush them when i go out and play. The way I had then bend them I am still able to keep my stock spare under the truck and the tips do not incroach on the departure angle
Old 04-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
Paid $45 for them to cut out the old and weld in the new. Plus I bought the same muffler for $55 shipped from Amazon. Nice setup, very quiet.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
if you are bringing in the muffler are you getting a tip on it too?
If you have them put on the muffler and tip it should be no more than 35 bucks