Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help! Trying to find greasable shackle.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple taco View Post
I got allpro leafsprings in back. Need to find greasable shackle with no lift.
Wheelers Offroad.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Just get the AllPro 1.5" extended greasable shackles they only lift your truck 3/4" and with the settling of your springs it's shouldn't be much higher then you war now.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers also has oem length greaseable shackles but they are $$. If you are just running the standard pack I'd just get the allpro ones that are a bit longer. If you're running the expos and don't want anymore lift look at wheelers
Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
Robm is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
Robm's Tacoma Gallery
The ome greasables are no lift.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
the ones available through wheelers are OME and are suppose to only work with Dakar leafs, but the only thing that needs to be changed on them for them to fit on stock leafs and perhaps allpro leafs is the lower bushings need to be trimmed down a bit to fit in the eye. took me a few minutes per bushing and they fit perfect.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.frontier4x4.com also carries a set of greasable shackles pretty sure they are stock length as well.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
the ones available through wheelers are OME and are suppose to only work with Dakar leafs, but the only thing that needs to be changed on them for them to fit on stock leafs and perhaps allpro leafs is the lower bushings need to be trimmed down a bit to fit in the eye. took me a few minutes per bushing and they fit perfect.
They also offer an "oem" style greaseable shackle for about 115
Old 04-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #12
Master of War

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
They also offer an "oem" style greaseable shackle for about 115
they are the OME ones,i got the receipt to prove it lol. it just doesnt say it in the write up on their site. i guess its because the greasable shackle kit only comes with the shackles,bolts,nuts and lock washers. wheelers adds in the bushings needed. the bag under the ome box is the bushings they provide.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #13

Quote:
they are the OME ones,i got the receipt to prove it lol. it just doesnt say it in the write up on their site. i guess its because the greasable shackle kit only comes with the shackles,bolts,nuts and lock washers. wheelers adds in the bushings needed. the bag under the ome box is the bushings they provide.
What! They charge $25 bucks more just to add in some bushings?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
Master of War

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
What! They charge $25 bucks more just to add in some bushings?
Yah its 91.50$ for the shackles then 10$ for one set of bushings and 13 $ for the other
Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Yah its 91.50$ for the shackles then 10$ for one set of bushings and 13 $ for the other
Hmmm I wonder if I could replace those bushings with the expo bushings I think for now I'll stick with stock ucas and the later on I may get the .75" lift shackles from ap if my expos break in accordingly
Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
i got toyotec 1'' shackles. only 65 bucks..
Greaseable?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #19
Master of War

shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec has 1" and 2" shackles but they are not greasable