Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

blow out!!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
gofas has a spectacular aura aboutgofas has a spectacular aura aboutgofas has a spectacular aura about

Name: Russell
gofas's Tacoma Gallery
blow out!!

Wheel fell off the day before I was to get my mechanic to help me figure out why ride was feeling funny. I'm so glad I was not going 65 on the hwy!!
Lesson learned don't buy cheap parts, especially ball-joints etc.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
yikes!!! axles came off. did you get the cheapo stock uca ball joints?
Old 04-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
gofas has a spectacular aura aboutgofas has a spectacular aura aboutgofas has a spectacular aura about

gofas's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, your local discount parts store for ball-joints last year.

Getting both sides replaced now along with axle and possible bent shock and rack. pricey fix, but luckily under 1500 as long as shock not bent, and all this includes 9hr labor and parts. AAA was able to come out in 20mins. and the mechanic ordered all toyota o.e.m parts from toyota of Santa Rosa. will have truck back in a day. I feel fortunate it all could have gone down in a lot worse way. I had just got off the hwy hauling ass late for work.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #4
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
get the energy suspension they work pretty good, lesson learned.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #5
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap! That's a blowout!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #6

gofas's Tacoma Gallery
think upper toyota ball joint is still cheapo?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 AM   #7
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
ouch
Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
UTTaco93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roy
UTTaco93's Tacoma Gallery
Dohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #10
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
WOUCH! Glad you where going slow!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude!!! glad you werent out on the interstate......that coulda been bad.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofas View Post
Wheel fell off the day before I was to get my mechanic to help me figure out why ride was feeling funny. I'm so glad I was not going 65 on the hwy!!
From that pic it looks like the lower bj let go. Got any close-ups of the carnage?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #13
SCTacomaCA is on a distinguished road
SCTacomaCA's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a pull out on the side of the road, or did you take it offroading when it was riding funny?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #14

gofas's Tacoma Gallery
Nah,

that is my driveway it's steep and 2 miles of dirt and rock.

it turns out my wallet was not so lucky. the mechanic had me come down to the shop today to show me that my control arm and shock were bent as well as the rack and even the brake line cracked. so it was expensive accident. kinda bummed but my truck has total new front end. I hope it's happy now.

could not find ome shock today but they found a kyb shock that matches the ome 881 coil. I just wanted it back together for getting around this coming weekend.

I'll let ya'll know how it rides.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
it could have been a nightmare if you were on the freeway. geeez
Old 04-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Awesome is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Awesome's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know what years the ball joint recalls apply? Could just be Tundras, dont see too many any more regardless, but definitely make sure. Call your local dealer with your VIN and see if theres one open for your truck. Free is always a good thing.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #17
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
eehhh...just needs an alignment.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #18
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Anyone know what years the ball joint recalls apply? Could just be Tundras, dont see too many any more regardless, but definitely make sure. Call your local dealer with your VIN and see if theres one open for your truck. Free is always a good thing.
there was a recall on the tacos for this too. not sure what years, etc. still worth checking into if it means toyota would be footing the bill!

I was luckier than you...still had 1 bolt holding mine together last fall...

still up on the tow truck...

and after returning from the shop...
Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #19
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
That is some scary shit !!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #20
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofas View Post
Happened to me too man: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ving-pics.html