Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lower a-arm bushings

Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
fish
fish is on a distinguished road
fish's Tacoma Gallery
lower a-arm bushings

how hard is it to replace the lower a arm bushings on a 04 tacoma 4x4?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i got a feeling its gonna be a pain in the ass, cause if im not mistaken,you gotta press the old bushings out and in. i gotta do mine soon as well. when i do....im going with energy suspension.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i got a feeling its gonna be a pain in the ass, cause if im not mistaken,you gotta press the old bushings out and in. i gotta do mine soon as well. when i do....im going with energy suspension.
x2^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
About a year ago, the dealer had an allignment special, so I took my Taco in to have it checked. They adjusted what they could, because the bolts and bushings in the lower control arms were "frozen" and could not be adjusted. They said it was easier to replace the lower control arms than to mess with the bushings. Lucky for me I was still under my extended warranty and it was covered.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs127s View Post
About a year ago, the dealer had an allignment special, so I took my Taco in to have it checked. They adjusted what they could, because the bolts and bushings in the lower control arms were "frozen" and could not be adjusted. They said it was easier to replace the lower control arms than to mess with the bushings. Lucky for me I was still under my extended warranty and it was covered.
same boat here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Awesome is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Awesome's Tacoma Gallery
Its a bitch. I did mine last week. Redid the complete suspension. You have to pull the steering rack back 4-5 inches to remove the rear bolts and collars. Then yes, press out the bushings and beat/press the new ones in. You can also torch them out, which i have found to be easier.