Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

control arm bushing sleeves

Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
jrmram is on a distinguished road
jrmram's Tacoma Gallery
control arm bushing sleeves

i am working, paint and body, on a 96 4x4 for a customer and we are putting all new bushings in. because i am backed up a little, i was having a mech shop close to me do the control arm bushings, upper and lower. the just called and said that they pressed out the sleeve with the bushing and that the new, energy suspension set did not have the sleeve. that the bushing was to small for the hole without the sleeve. this was my first set also, another reason i sent it to them. well, i cant find just the sleeve. i wanted to know if anyoneelse has ever had to deal with this problem and what the cure was or how they fixed it
Old 01-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
elkhunter358 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
elkhunter358's Tacoma Gallery
What did you end up doing? Im in the exact same position right now except Im doing it on my own! what did you do?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Topher
presto's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks. I got the master set and have been waiting to do the control arm bushings till I need an alignment.