Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which front-end do you like best?

View Poll Results: Which front-end do you like the best?
95-97 (this is what I own) 66 9.48%
95-97 (this is NOT what I own) 95 13.65%
98-00 (this is what I own) 58 8.33%
98-00 (this is NOT what I own) 51 7.33%
01-04 (this is what I own) 232 33.33%
01-04 (this is NOT what I own) 194 27.87%
Voters: 696. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011, 02:47 AM   #21
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
i like the 95-97 becaues its what i have.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #22
badboyrr is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60A Crew Chief
badboyrr's Tacoma Gallery
I've always liked the full chrome bumpers......but my 98 is cool.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #24
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I like the ones from the '89s. Looked similar to the 95-97 but spelled out "Toyota" on the grille. The only one I really don't like is the 01-04. Always reminded me of a kid with braces.lol
Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #25
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd99 View Post
Personally I like the ones from the '89s. Looked similar to the 95-97 but spelled out "Toyota" on the grille. The only one I really don't like is the 01-04. Always reminded me of a kid with braces.lol
psssst...my truck's watching you
Old 05-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #26
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The clean rounded look of the 01-04 gets my vote.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
jblair is on a distinguished road

jblair's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 98-00 most (what we own) except the bumper. I HATE PLASTIC, and the 01-04 gets my vote because of the bar across instead of 2 stupid bars.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #28
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
95-97 FTW!!! i like this look cuz it keeps its ties with the good ole 80 trucks with the legendary 22r/re/re-t motor! and i have owned one of the 80s trucks and they were amazing trucks. But i love the refinement of the Tacomas but like the 95-97 more cuz it keeps its ties with its early brethren And they also have the big TOYOTA painted on the tail gate like the 80s trucks...and that plus the cool front make them the best lookin tacos IMO

but the 98-00 looks sweet cuz its just a bigger 95-97

i dont mind the 01s usually but sometimes i just dont like how the grill is bigger then the lights...but..sometimes i dont mind that..idk..i guess im neutral to the whole thing haha
Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #29
pyfaz is on a distinguished road

Name: Pyfaz Angulo
pyfaz's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry but I do prefer this one
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #31
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
My opinion: 01-04 < 98-00 < 95.5-97
Old 07-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #32
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
01-04 FTW!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #33
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery

My 2001 Tacoma... I thought that Toyota was going to get the Jeep Corp. angry with this grille... (from the days of the Comanche Truck)
Old 07-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #34
lownslow is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Veteran
Name: John
lownslow's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 00 but I like the 01-04

Any idea what all I'd need to swap over?

Would it be fenders/bumper/grill/lights?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #36
jbrandt will become famous soon enough
jbrandt's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys, I hate the look of the split chrome bumpers on the 98-00's. It just looks dumb, IMO. Stock, I like the look of the '04's with the color matched fender flairs, bumper, and grill. I hate chrome.

Not the greatest pic (it's an old pic, too), but at least you can see half the front end...

Old 07-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #37
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
I have this story, probably most will find dumb, when I was a kid (11 yrs old) and the '01's first came out and entered the lots.

My Grandpa, before he passed away, worked at a Toyota dealership for a while and one day while I was visiting him there had the opportunity to gaze over the new '01 Tacomas that had just been introduced. Back then, I used to pour over auto brochures and read everything that I could about cars and trucks, so when I got to see the new styling of the Tacoma in person, it was something else. I absolutely LOVED the new front ends and remember telling myself (and Pops) how Toyota did it right and that they should keep the design for along time because of it! Haha. I vividly remember walking infront of the long row of new Tacoma's they had on the lot, stopping infront of a red one looking up at it and telling myself "that is one nice looking truck, I'm going to own one of these someday." Infact, my Grandpa even made me a dealership key tag that was filled out dedicated to that very truck with miscut Toyota keys attached to it which I still have in a drawer to this very day so that I could pretend I owned one back then, lol. Ever since that point, I never grew tired of the body style and always looked forward to owning one.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #38
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for the 01-04 front. Before I bought my 09 I had a black 03 with the all black front. I miss that truck, but had to change for the fact I was getting married and the wife wants kids soon. The access cab wasn't going to work. 01-04 FTW
Old 07-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #39
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

98-00, though the 2001-2004 is definitely a great design! Nothing looks tougher than a 97.