Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trail-Gear front bumper before/after

Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
TRDMadness is on a distinguished road
Name: Chandler
TRDMadness's Tacoma Gallery
Trail-Gear front bumper before/after

Today my friend met me at Trail-Gear to get some protection. We first had plans of dropping 1100 on front,rear, and sliders all from trail gear, but financial issues arose and we ended up walking out with only the front. I read a thread of taking off the front stock bumper, and man that was fun. sense sarcasm? My friend also had a front receiver for the winch, which is why we got the trail gear, they are the only one that we saw integrated the receiver mount with the bumper. Long story short, took 2 hours to install, and one broken turn signal bulb, the signals will be replaced later with Trail-Gears LED lights. Unfortunately we were not able to paint it today, but thats what the weekends are for!Now for the pictures..
The before..

After, at Sonic because it was dark, and we were hungry..
Old 04-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Helluva stinger...a bit much for me but hopefully it's floatin your boat!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Yeah it is! Those things are pretty tough though.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I've seen a picture of a toyota truck sitting on the stinger so those bumpers are tough lol. I plan on probably getting a TG front bumper too, probably the low profile one instead though.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
ewwww
Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
haha Yes sir it is pretty gnarly. But that is what my friend and I have been talking about for the last two months, and now that its on, we can't stop laughing at how crazy it made the truck look. A lot of people on here don't really seem to like the stinger, but it's all their own opinions
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
ewwww
thanks for the opinion
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDMadness View Post
haha Yes sir it is pretty gnarly. But that is what my friend and I have been talking about for the last two months, and now that its on, we can't stop laughing at how crazy it made the truck look. A lot of people on here don't really seem to like the stinger, but it's all their own opinions
It's your truck, dude. Who cares what everyone else thinks?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you like it that's all that matters, it's also going to give more protection than a bumper with a smaller stinger.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
that stinger would look good with a SAC and some 40's
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty crazy man, that thing will get your truck up some nasty rocks if you had too haha. I would move the turn signals some where else. They look out of place and not that great
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #12
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Pretty crazy man, that thing will get your truck up some nasty rocks if you had too haha. I would move the turn signals some where else. They look out of place and not that great
Reread the original post, he said that the turn signal placement was just temporary and he was going to get the LEDs
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
If you like it that's all that matters, it's also going to give more protection than a bumper with a smaller stinger.
Very true my friend, and we thought about the low-pro, but what about that nasty branch that sticks out in the middle of the trail?No worries it will hit the stinger and slide down the side vs. hitting the grill, maybe even radiator? many pros and cons with this bumper. And I have no welder, so I couldn't get the lightbar without having to pay someone to weld it on.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
that stinger would look good with a SAC and some 40's
haha of course it would, we all gotta start somewhere
Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #15
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very true my friend, and we thought about the low-pro, but what about that nasty branch that sticks out in the middle of the trail?No worries it will hit the stinger and slide down the side vs. hitting the grill, maybe even radiator? many pros and cons with this bumper. And I have no welder, so I couldn't get the lightbar without having to pay someone to weld it on.
Yeah the stinger will definitely be the most protective. Whenever I get the low profile bumper I want to get the light bar and hopefully a buddy of mine can weld it on for me.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty gnarly yes.... not my style but whatever blows your skirt.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:11 AM   #17
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i got the low pro with the lightbar but i never got around to welding it on and mine help up real well after rolling my truck
Old 04-30-2011, 06:28 AM   #18
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
hard to tell but the right corner is bent in and tweaked up a little bit... definitely worth the money

Old 04-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
hard to tell but the right corner is bent in and tweaked up a little bit... definitely worth the money

Dang!!That bumper hardly looks phased at all! and no scratches, you must have put a couple layers on there.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #20

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
actually i was in such a hurry i only put 1 coat of primer and 1 coat of paint lol
heres a slightly closer look and you can see the corner is bent in significantly