Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just bought an 02' PreRunner, I have a few questions

Old 04-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
JohnnieFive will become famous soon enough

Name: Johnny
JohnnieFive's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought an 02' PreRunner, I have a few questions

I just picked up this 02' Tacoma PreRunner, TRD Off Road, its a great truck runs real nice but,

1. im noticing the ride is a little stiff is this beacause of the Off Road package? is their anything i can do so it rides a little smoother?

2. I want to add a leveling kit to the front, but ive been reading in some threads that guys are running bilsteins and eibach springs. Do i wait and get the same spring and shock combo or can i get the kit now and still ad the springs and shocks later

heres a shot of the truck
Attached Thumbnails
Just bought an 02' PreRunner, I have a few questions-02-tacoma.jpg  
Old 04-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialD View Post
I just picked up this 02' Tacoma PreRunner, TRD Off Road, its a great truck runs real nice but,

1. im noticing the ride is a little stiff is this beacause of the Off Road package? is their anything i can do so it rides a little smoother?

It's a light truck so it's going to ride stiffer than most. Aftermarket coilovers with custom valving are just about the only way to soften up the ride.

2. I want to add a leveling kit to the front, but ive been reading in some threads that guys are running bilsteins and eibach springs. Do i wait and get the same spring and shock combo or can i get the kit now and still ad the springs and shocks later

You might as well do it right the first time with new coils and shocks. No sense in buying two lift kits

heres a shot of the truck
truck looks good
Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
youve probably got the original shocks on there, once you upgrade them youll probably feel alot better about the ride
Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
truck looks good
thanks for the feeback, any idea what part numbers are being used for the eibach springs, ive done some searching but so far have come up short
Old 04-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
check out toytec for their eibachs, just to let you know though it will provide lift cause the spring rate is really high so it will be stiffer anyways. i had them and i loved it though.. they pair good with bilstien 5100's
Old 04-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
check out toytec for their eibachs, just to let you know though it will provide lift cause the spring rate is really high so it will be stiffer anyways. i had them and i loved it though.. they pair good with bilstien 5100's
will adding bilsteins alone soften the ride some? i dont expect it ride like my 09' Camry but would like it a little smoother than what it is now
Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #7

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
not much you can do to soften the ride of high spring rate coils but they will help dampen them if you want a better ride you should go with a coilover if your not on a budget
Old 04-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 01 prerunner and I put 5100's all the way around and a 1.5 aal in the rear. It rides like a dream and my dad has a new Avalach and he thinks my truck had a smoother ride than his. And it handles great in curves in the mtns.
Attached Thumbnails
Just bought an 02' PreRunner, I have a few questions-imageuploadedbytapatalk1304221146.771047.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #9
mikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nice
mikracer's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 04 DC Prerunner and I have the 5100's up front and 5125's in the rear (for stock height rear suspension). The fronts are set at the middle notch and it lifted the front end about an inch and a half. Looks good and ride is nice and comfy. These are on stock springs.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2448 View Post
I have a 01 prerunner and I put 5100's all the way around and a 1.5 aal in the rear. It rides like a dream and my dad has a new Avalach and he thinks my truck had a smoother ride than his. And it handles great in curves in the mtns.
sweet truck iceman!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
I have an 04 DC Prerunner and I have the 5100's up front and 5125's in the rear (for stock height rear suspension). The fronts are set at the middle notch and it lifted the front end about an inch and a half. Looks good and ride is nice and comfy. These are on stock springs.
any pics of your truck?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #12
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
any pics of your truck?
Thx social!! It's jus a good start
Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #13
mikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nice
Quote:
any pics of your truck?
I'll try to snap a few pics on my phone in a bit. Its also got a Leer shell on the back, so it squats a little. Without the shell, I'm pretty sure it will almost even out, but seeing as how you're from Anaheim, I'm sure you can appreciate the prerunner "squat".
Old 05-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #14

The first picture, you can see a little better that the front end is a little higher than the rear. Must be the angle of the pic or slight slope in the road that makes the second pic look level (at least to me). Rims are 2nd gen TRD Sport and tires are Goodyear ATS 265/70/17.