Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5100's vs. 5125's

Old 05-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #41
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Who wants to come out here and throw down?!!

Ohhh,ohhh pick me, pick me !!!

just let me oil up my walker & I'll meet ya'll..... in about a week....
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #42
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Ummm, I don't know how to say this but I've got these same rears (#D559 L & D560 R) w/3" lift & have absolutely no issues at all with travel, guess I'm that freak ,stand alone truck again.......
Old 05-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #43
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Ummm, I don't know how to say this but I've got these same rears (#D559 L & D560 R) w/3" lift & have absolutely no issues at all with travel, guess I'm that freak ,stand alone truck again.......

I know I'm totally lost with this whole 5125 thing now. DSM is it the the collapsed length on the 5100 just being longer. I had 8.5" 5150's and i just couldn't imagine having them on a stock truck seeing how little of the shaft was exposed on mine with a 2" AAL.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #44
jblair is on a distinguished road

jblair's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #45
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Per Bilstein Specs

Stock Replacement (Yellow Shocks)
BE5-2285(L) Ext: 19.61 Col: 12.80
BE5-2286(R) Ext: 20.28 Col: 13.19

5125 Series
BE5-6252 Ext: 21.54 Col: 13.58
BE5-6253 Ext: 22.50 Col: 14.06

5100 Series
BE5-D559 Ext: 21.60 Col: 14
BE5-D560 Ext: 22.50 Col: 14.6

We had a customer contact us who went out wheeling with the 5100s, no lift in the rear. He noticed he was bottoming out his shock (driver side). I contacted RCD about the issue, and they told us that the shocks are a too long for no lift. And that if you run them with stock suspension, the bump stops need to be modified. That is when we tried the 5125s on our "stock" 96 Tacoma 4WD, and they work perfectly.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #47
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Per Bilstein Specs

Stock Replacement (Yellow Shocks)
BE5-2285(L) Ext: 19.61 Col: 12.80
BE5-2286(R) Ext: 20.28 Col: 13.19

5125 Series
BE5-6252 Ext: 21.54 Col: 13.58
BE5-6253 Ext: 22.50 Col: 14.06

5100 Series
BE5-D559 Ext: 21.60 Col: 14
BE5-D560 Ext: 22.50 Col: 14.6

We had a customer contact us who went out wheeling with the 5100s, no lift in the rear. He noticed he was bottoming out his shock (driver side). I contacted RCD about the issue, and they told us that the shocks are a too long for no lift. And that if you run them with stock suspension, the bump stops need to be modified. That is when we tried the 5125s on our "stock" 96 Tacoma 4WD, and they work perfectly.

I see so the D559 is the problem Good to know thanks for clearing it up.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #48
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidcatcher View Post
Y'all are a bunch of cocksuckers
Random troll
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #49
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #51
Madams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to behold
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the confusion...

The 5100 rear shocks (#D559 & D560) were just a little too long on the collapsed length, for a stock height truck. So we tried the 5125s in 8" & 8.6" on our own Tacoma, and found that worked better for a truck with no rear lift.

So....to the OP: If you received the 8" & 8.6" Travel 5125s, they will be too short for your 2" lift, and you will need the 5100s for that, not 5125s. If you have 3" of lift or more, you will need 10" or longer depending on the actual amount of lift.

DSM
I done ordered them yall better go back and put they are for stock height. But when I order them from your website the guy who I was talking to Marko wanted to know how much was I lifting the rear, I said 2". So I dont know what I will be getting. I order the 5100's for front and the 5125's came with them and no where on there it said the rear shocks were for stock height.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #52
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Heeey now, where the fuck did this come from bro' ??
Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madams View Post
I done ordered them yall better go back and put they are for stock height. But when I order them from your website the guy who I was talking to Marko wanted to know how much was I lifting the rear, I said 2". So I dont know what I will be getting. I order the 5100's for front and the 5125's came with them and no where on there it said the rear shocks were for stock height.
don't talk to DSM like that
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #54
Madams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to beholdMadams is a splendid one to behold
Madams's Tacoma Gallery
I thought they were a better shock and thought they were set up for 2" of lift in the rear.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #55
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:

You guys need to lay off the monsters & red bulls , or smoke some weed or something....jeeez...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #57
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM Sent. That's me, and we'll do what ever we need to do to take care of this. Please respond to the PM, and I'll take it from there.

Thanks,
Marco
Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #58
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
So DSM, what shock do you get if you have had the rear leaf spring tsb performed?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #60
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
I didn't realize there were any TSBs on 1st Gen leaf springs...
He has a 2010... but yeah, this thread is in the 1st gen section.... *ahem* *ahem*