1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions about OME

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by LtLoring, May 5, 2011.

1. May 5, 2011 at 1:57 AM
    LtLoring

LtLoring [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    04 XtraCab SR5
    Hey guys, been snoopin around here for a bit but couldn't find the answers to my exact questions so figured it was time to ask!

1) I'm going to be getting the OME lift from Toytec, is there anything else I should look at getting that they don't include(aside from UCAs, looking at the LRs or TCs)?

2) I will also be replacing the front bumper with either the All-Pro or Demello if they are ready, with a winch coming later. Will the 883's be heavy enough?

3) With the bumper and winch will I still get 3" of lift or will I need the top plate spacer to get the full affect?

4) And last, is there any deals going on with Toytec, TC, or All-Pro through TW to save a lil cash? :p

2. May 5, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    I feel like these questions have been answered before...

.5) Use the search feature, it's very handy.

1) Call the toytec support... or use the search feature to find peoples shopping lists. You will benefit from paying the $100 to have them assembled with new top plates, bushings etc. Otherwise you'll need to salvage your old stuff from your old shocks. Not the end of the world, but IMO worth the $100 for new stuff/pre-assembled.

2) Is it just me or does it look like Toytec's site has a typo or two... they list the 883's as softer than the 882's... (i could be mis-informed though)

3) ?

4) Group buys and Vendors section, you can find them on the main page of the forum.

Good luck!

3. May 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    LtLoring

LtLoring [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    04 XtraCab SR5
    Unfortunately searching from my phone through tapatalk doesn't let me search just the 1st gen forums so most of the info I found was for the 2nd gens using 885's and 886's. Are greaseable shackles worth it? I'll be getting a whole new leaf pack. I noticed they aren't in order also but didn't think anything of it ha. Thanks for the response!

4. May 5, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    ok so i have the full ome kit on mine. no spacer's with 882's. i was under the impression for 1st gens its 880,881 or 882s? 882s being the strrongest. i recnetly just mounted up my TG front bumper with a warn 9500 on it. i slouched about 3/4 inch with the extra weight. im not gonna put a spacer in for two reasons:
    1: i love the way it rides more tahn ever now and i ca still fit my 285's with out it.
    2: my cv angles got better with the extra weight. diggin that.

and yes greaseable shackles are worth it. think about it

5. May 5, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    LtLoring

LtLoring [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    04 XtraCab SR5
    What I think I remember is that the 880's were too weak and sagged prematurely so they were discontinued. The 881's took their place as the softest with 883's becoming the meds and 882's still the strongest.

Good to know on the 285's, that's really what I was getting at.

Sorry about the ignorance suspension is pretty new to me and this is the first vehicle I've decided to mod.

Thanks for the info!

6. May 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    blackheart

blackheart Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    alexander n.c.
    Vehicle:
    made the way i wonted it
    fabtec 2.5 3" coilover lift , ARB , 8k warn , uwc tool box . bushwachers cut out flairs , 2 12" memphis m3 subs , JBL amp , jennsen head unit .
    ARB bummper , fabtec 3" 2.5 coilovers , 8k warn is the way to go man . i'v went places full size fords and chevys can't go lol . i loved the look on there faces . it was priceless . but i did put the front rear skid plate off and fold it up like an accordion last night lol . put it off beat it flat and put it back on

7. May 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    LtLoring

LtLoring [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    04 XtraCab SR5
    Does the ARB bumper add any clearance? That's basically the only bumper that I'm really liking but just from the pictures I've seen I can't tell.

8. May 7, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Yet to find greaseable shackles for a 2nd Gen , you got a link ?

9. May 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    blackheart

blackheart Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    alexander n.c.
    Vehicle:
    made the way i wonted it
    fabtec 2.5 3" coilover lift , ARB , 8k warn , uwc tool box . bushwachers cut out flairs , 2 12" memphis m3 subs , JBL amp , jennsen head unit .
    it don't add any ground clearence . but it does add a lot of approach angle . nice place for a winch and lights . two on uper bar and two on lower plate beside the winch box . two ring attachment holes . there nice and hard , a car slid into my few years ago and it tore the car up bad and didn't even hurt my truck . little bit of blue paint .

05-23-08_1546.jpg
    ALL THE WAY UP (CLOSE UP).jpg
    DSC00197.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top