LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2 quick questions

Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
2 quick questions

How do you guys mount your shocks?
-with the shaft pointing up or down?

- I have mines pointing down because I figure most dirt, dust and water would fall off and hopfully not scratch the shaft.

What size rims?
- do you guys buy same size rims that originaly came with your truck from factory?

-im looking into some rims right now and can't figure out if I should go with 15" or 16" is there any benefits in getting 15s over 16s or visa versa...my oem rims are 16" so should I stay with that size or it doesn't matter.
- sorry 3 queston now... should I go with steel rims or aluminum? And why?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted mine with the shaft up/boot down. I was unsure of this too so i PM'ed wheelers and they told me to mount them that way.
I have 15" rims on my truck from the factory, but i just replaced them with 15" Mickey Thompson classic II's in black.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsab916 View Post
What size rims?
- do you guys buy same size rims that originaly came with your truck from factory?

-im looking into some rims right now and can't figure out if I should go with 15" or 16" is there any benefits in getting 15s over 16s or visa versa...my oem rims are 16" so should I stay with that size or it doesn't matter.
You can get either size. 15" rims (and tires) tend to be cheaper as well as having a wider selection. Of course if you change rim size you have to buy all new tires at the same time which can get pricey. Figure out what you want to get, then look at the price difference between the two sizes and see if it's worth it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsab916 View Post
- sorry 3 queston now... should I go with steel rims or aluminum? And why?
Steel = cheaper, heavier and will bend some before braking if you take a hard hit so you can still hold air in the tire and get somewhere to get it fixed, succeptable to rusting if the paint isn't kept up
Alloy = more expensive, lighter and will brake/crack and lose air if you take a hard hit, will not rust so if you're in a snowy climate (and lazy like me) may be a better choice