Old 05-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
beerdrinkr is on a distinguished road

Name: justin
beerdrinkr's Tacoma Gallery
craigslist find 1993!!

what do you think??

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/for/2373143459.html
Old 05-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
mikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nice
mikracer's Tacoma Gallery
With a small block conversion...
Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
He's absolutely crazy if he thinks he's gonna get $7,500 for an 18 year old truck..
Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah he isn't getting $7500 for it but it is nice
Old 05-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
He's absolutely crazy if he thinks he's gonna get $7,500 for an 18 year old truck..
At least in my area, I see 1997 Tacomas with 210K on them going for close to $10K. I don't find this one to be that much of a stretch. (And yes, I know the OP's link is not a tacoma. But whatever, Toyota pickups hold their value just as well.)
Old 05-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
i definitly would not pay 10K for an 1997 taco...especially if mines only worth that much and its an 2002 with 90000 miles haha
Old 05-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
i definitly would not pay 10K for an 1997 taco...especially if mines only worth that much and its an 2002 with 90000 miles haha
Really? In California? Come up to Oregon and I guarantee you would sell that thing for 15K at the least.

In our area you can't even find 1st gens. Example: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/sear...inAsk=&maxAsk=
Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #9
glamis3000 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brant
glamis3000's Tacoma Gallery
YFZ_TRD is right in oregon.. most toyotas are worth alot. if i were to sell my '96 with 245k id ask atleast around 9k if not more with what ive done to it so far. oregons just got a lot of outdoors people, and they are willing to pay the price..
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamis3000 View Post
YFZ_TRD is right in oregon.. most toyotas are worth alot. if i were to sell my '96 with 245k id ask atleast around 9k if not more with what ive done to it so far. oregons just got a lot of outdoors people, and they are willing to pay the price..
I bought my '97 Tacoma in Salem, OR for $7,500.... It was completely stock, 140k miles, perfect interior, no dents/dings and the paint is in great shape.

So if you'd ask $9k for your '96 with 245k miles, I doubt you would sell it here. But overall you guys are correct, Tacoma's are expensive in Oregon.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvd2312 View Post
I bought my '97 Tacoma in Salem, OR for $7,500.... It was completely stock, 140k miles, perfect interior, no dents/dings and the paint is in great shape.

So if you'd ask $9k for your '96 with 245k miles, I doubt you would sell it here. But overall you guys are correct, Tacoma's are expensive in Oregon.
Yes I imagine we are fabricating the numbers a bit. But very few people in Oregon should be concerned about not being able to get enough for their 1st gen.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
DS Espy is on a distinguished road
DS Espy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'll sell my 06 in 10-15 years up in Oregon!!! Even though they bring great money here in the central valley of CA. Hmongs have scooped up all the 1st gen's and T100's. And that's not a racist remark; they just love Yota's and I can blame 'em!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Espy View Post
Looks like I'll sell my 06 in 10-15 years up in Oregon!!! Even though they bring great money here in the central valley of CA. Hmongs have scooped up all the 1st gen's and T100's. And that's not a racist remark; they just love Yota's and I can blame 'em!
I'm not sure the same rule applies for 2nd gens unfortunately. Since the appeal has widened to a larger audience (double cab appeals to familys and that's what 90% of the 2nd gens I see are) it appears the sales numbers of 2nd gens are quite a bit higher than 1st gens. You can find a 2nd gen for reasonably cheap up here.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #14
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
Thank goodness it has double shocks wouldn't know what to do without 4 shocks in the rear.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
Could be the wife tells the husband to sell his truck.....so he lists it for an unrealistic price and when it doesn't sell, hetells his wife he tried, but no luck and he gets to keep his truck.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
Kanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to all

Name: Gilbert
Kanikas's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota's do have a higher-than-normal resale value, but for the price of the truck in OPs link, you could get a 1999 4Runner with about 150k miles down here, a pretty damn well built solid-axle Toyota or even a decently maintained locked Land Cruiser.

I can't tell if it's SAS, but if it is, that might account for the higher price. And I don't think many will pay 9k for a '96 with 245k miles, but then again, it's very different down here than up in Oregon.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
killzone90 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ethan
killzone90's Tacoma Gallery
I think thats an amazing truck but not for 7500