Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st. Gen Tacoma Buyers Guide

Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #41
Newb
ERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERG80's Tacoma Gallery
Updated post 10 with Recurvehunter's thread on 4 bangers.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #42
Newb
ERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERG80's Tacoma Gallery
Post 2 updated with Gr8WhiteTaco's thread on year and transfer case types.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #43
Newb

ERG80's Tacoma Gallery
Added some links to post 12

Also added a link to devilsalmostfree's thread on what members have had to replace on their truck.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #44
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
You're a busy man, aren't you?

Forgive me if you don't get the reference, and bonus points if you do.

Regardless, I am sure you won't be getting coal in your stocking this year.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #45
Newb

ERG80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post

"A GRAIIIL!? Yes, I can help you find the holy graaaiil."
Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #46
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
"I'm an enchanter... TIM The Enchanter!!"
Old 12-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #47
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post

"GIT UHN WET ET"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g
Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #48
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
nuff said
http://youtu.be/5uLJitPWAXM
Old 01-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #49
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL
Old 01-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #50
spdlinegsr28 is on a distinguished road
spdlinegsr28's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Ya'll! I might be purchasing a Gen 1 Taco and just had a question. Does the Gen 1 4dr version come with 4x4? All the ones I've seen are all 2wd.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #51
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdlinegsr28 View Post
Hi Ya'll! I might be purchasing a Gen 1 Taco and just had a question. Does the Gen 1 4dr version come with 4x4? All the ones I've seen are all 2wd.

Thanks for any input.
yeah. the 4 doors come in either a prerunner or 4x4
Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #52
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
That video led me on an hour long, youtube, 4x4 toyota video spree.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #53
Husband & Daddy ;)
BigBro is on a distinguished road

Name: Carson
BigBro's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking to replace my 2003 Tacoma double cab. It had just less than 118000 miles. And was totaled last week.

I've been doing some looking, and found 2 adds that look to be good deals.

I took great care of my truck and I hope to find another truck that has been treated that way cause I'm looking for 300k + miles.... Plan is to keep it till it dies!

Here is option #1
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/2847793526.html

Here is option #2
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Both look pretty darn good, but while I have owned one before I don't know all the great info it seems most of yall know, so Any Do's and Don'ts that haven't already been mentioned on this thread are Great!!!

Here is my first post where I was pointed to this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...ml#post4549479

There is more info there on over all what I'm looking for, or need and want.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #54
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Option #1 is just like mine I loooooove the color.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #55
Husband & Daddy ;)

BigBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
Option #1 is just like mine I loooooove the color.
Haha... Option #2 sold.... So it looks like I'm leaning that was...

I must say yours looks good, but my first instinct is to have option #1 painted black! lol

Corse.... This did pop up at the new option #2
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/2842575603.html

Is it worth getting something 2 years newer even if it has 6k more miles on it?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #56
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
Haha... Option #2 sold.... So it looks like I'm leaning that was...

I must say yours looks good, but my first instinct is to have option #1 painted black! lol

Corse.... This did pop up at the new option #2
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/2842575603.html

Is it worth getting something 2 years newer even if it has 6k more miles on it?

I like the new option #2... I got a 2004 and love it... I would say yes, get the newer truck, just means less chance for dried out gaskets, etc...
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #57
sixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixsixsix's Tacoma Gallery
Both option #1 and NEW option #2 look great!
You have to ask yourself... Is the additional $3k worth it for a newer ('04) model with 7k more miles, 4x4 AND the black color you want? Im gonna have to say YES!
Oh and its already lifted.
good luck
Old 02-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
Husband & Daddy ;)

BigBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post
Both option #1 and NEW option #2 look great!
You have to ask yourself... Is the additional $3k worth it for a newer ('04) model with 7k more miles, 4x4 AND the black color you want? Im gonna have to say YES!
Oh and its already lifted.
good luck

True true! Very true.
I guess my biggest thing is that option #1 sounds like its been taken care of better that anything... And new option #2 looks way better, but for the $3k extra, could i put $3k into the red truck and have something as bad looking, or better?

How much do yall think it would run me to put a lift on option #1 ?
I'm thinking about 3" lift.... I'd like more, bit my wife is only 5'1". lol

Also I need real info on this.... What does it take to need 4x4 over the TRD rear slip locking differential? I've heard its pretty hard to get stuck in the TRD with out 4x4 so will adding 4x4 make that much of a difference?
My habits probably won't get me off road more than once or twice a month (at least right now) and even then I might get about 2' of mud under me max. Also I put a lot of HWY miles on my vehicle driving 2-3 times a year to Florida, and or South Carolina. Will the addition of 4x4 knock my MPG down too much?

(Oh yeah and while I do like black better than red..... It's not gona be a deal breaker for me. Bang for my buck and longevity for my buck are what I care most about.)
Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #59
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever decision you make, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. But on the other side of the coin, don't wait too long or someone else may grab it out from under you...

You can probably check reviews/mileage/etc. on Edmunds.com
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #60
Husband & Daddy ;)

BigBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERG80 View Post
[B]Year–to-Year Changes:

Lots more info here: http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/tacoma/history.html

1998 Toyota Tacoma: This is the year Tacoma received its first cosmetic face lift. Tacoma finally gets a passenger-side airbag, and the SR5 models get a new name--Limited. Prerunner models started in 98.

My truck was a 2003 Crew Cab V6 PreRunner SR5 not TRD.... Is that the same as the Limited?
If you go to NADA.com and click Double Cab 2003 Tacoma PreRunner Limited there is not an option to take TRD off the check list.
If you just call it a Double Cab 2003 Tacoma PreRunner 2WD the value is $1,000 less even with the SR5 option.

How do I know which one my truck was?