1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Flares (Fender Flares)

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by MrWrong, May 22, 2007.

1. May 22, 2007 at 6:36 AM
    MrWrong

MrWrong [OP] Member

Member:
    Not sure which is the correct term for Tacomas. I'm looking to add these to mine so when I get the larger wheels/tires from the Pre-runner it doesn't look awkward.

First I'd like to ask what you guys think looks better (Matte Black or body color matching ones)? My truck's white (so I thought the black on white might make a nice contrast)

Also, I've seen some out there ranging from $170 on ebay for the black matte ones to $450 for painted ones.

I assume that the ones that are painted are made of a different material than the matte black ones right? I mean the clear coat look I think might be hard to put on those rubber/plastic looking ones.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Mike

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 22, 2007 at 7:21 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    i think black wouldlook real good i had some on my jeep and i was very happy with them

3. Jun 4, 2007 at 8:49 AM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    Since you don't have them, I'm guessing you have a 2WD mini. If your Tacoma is in the 2001 - 2004 generation, you can transplant the flares from the 4X4 / PreRunner models (with some drilling), or you can try and find some thinner S-Runner flares.

NOTE: Official Toyota-jargon for the flares is 'overfenders', in case you look them up in an online manual or contact the dealer.

4. Jun 4, 2007 at 10:46 AM
    MrWrong

MrWrong [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks Enola...that info will certainly come in handy.

Mike

5. Sep 9, 2007 at 11:13 PM
    thenrie

thenrie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma, SR5, TRD, 2.7L (LEV), 4wd, 5sp m
    Magnaflow cat and cat-back exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake system, 2.5" lift via Skyjacker leaf packs, Bilstein 5100s.
    I have a white 2000 Taco, 4X4, ext cab, TRD. My "overfenders" are black and I like the look a lot. You'll never be able to match colors with your truck buying prepainted ones. Even the white will likely be a bit off from the white on your pickup. Go with the black.TTH

Products Discussed in

To Top