Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

center console trim removal

Old 10-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
center console trim removal

I followed the guide on customtacos on how to remove the console, but I can't get the bottom part of the console out. I'm assuming that I have to get the grey panel where the accessory ports are out but I don't see any screws.

What I want to do is cut out the backing behind the ashtray so that I can fit my CB somewhat flush with the trim (as it sits now it's about 1.5 inches out infront of it.)
Old 10-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Would it fit in this spot instead? This part of the console is easy to remove, two plastic pop rivet thingies on the side. Just an idea.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I figured it out. There's a third screw that you need to take out that is under the ashtray.

I ended up cutting the back part out of the ashtray so that it can fit better. It isn't flush, but it doesn't interfere with shifting at all.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
ryanyoshi is on a distinguished road
ryanyoshi's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Pittam,
I was just hoping you could clarify where that third screw in the ash tray section is located exactly. i removed the two on the top of that spot and can't seem to find that third one. I am having one hell of a time trying to get this trim off without breaking it. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Look "up". it's in the back, kinda hidden.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
Thanks SRfive, I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I'm trying to replace the three light bulbs in back of the climate control plate. Hope it's as easy as I'm thinking.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Just finished replacing the three light bulbs behind my climate control unit. The third screw in the ash tray area is actually hidden behind the plastic cover beneath is that houses the two power outlets. If you undo that plastic piece, you will see the last screw that you need to remove in order to get that center trim off to complete the job. Needle nose pliers will also be need to twist those bulbs into position. Hope this info can help somebody down the line.