Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bored on a Sunday

Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Bored on a Sunday

So sitting around and was bored so I decided to try something to pass the time. How does it look?

I used freezer paper and painters tape and sprayed it with some Plasti-Dip i had lying around. This is the same font as my front plate.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
Cool man. I bet you get a lot of phone #'s tucked in your wipers. LOL.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
im sorry, and i'll take the berating, but . . . um . . . what is it?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #4

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
im sorry, and i'll take the berating, but . . . um . . . what is it?
I believe it is the third brake light lens....
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
you should have put "manmeat"
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
your name reminds me of epic meal time
Old 05-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
Cool man. I bet you get a lot of phone #'s tucked in your wipers. LOL.
not really too old for that besides the wife would find out. although she dosent like to drive my truck because of all the women smiling at the front tag and then stop when they see a woman driving
Old 05-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
not really too old for that besides the wife would find out. although she dosent like to drive my truck because of all the women smiling at the front tag and then stop when they see a woman driving
haha! . . . ive seen a few of your post and obviously your username, but i still don't quite understand exactly what your profession is. do you own a slaughter house and meat processing plant or something like that. you don't have to put your company name on here or anything, but im just curious if you don't mind.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha! . . . ive seen a few of your post and obviously your username, but i still don't quite understand exactly what your profession is. do you own a slaughter house and meat processing plant or something like that. you don't have to put your company name on here or anything, but im just curious if you don't mind.
Well for the past 28yrs. i have been a meat cutter (butcher). I really hate that term. Also my basement is set up for processing livestock, but mainly I do deer and hogs during seasion. So hence the nickname "Meatman". I got the idea about 26 yrs ago when i bought a 5.0 mustang and wanted to put a front plate on it but couldnt think of anything and one day as i went to a party at a friends house i walked in and everyone there shouted MeatMan.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #10

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well for the past 28yrs. i have been a meat cutter (butcher). I really hate that term. Also my basement is set up for processing livestock, but mainly I do deer and hogs during seasion. So hence the nickname "Meatman". I got the idea about 26 yrs ago when i bought a 5.0 mustang and wanted to put a front plate on it but couldnt think of anything and one day as i went to a party at a friends house i walked in and everyone there shouted MeatMan.
mmmm, backstrap...
Old 05-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
i gotcha. thats pretty cool. me and my brother like to make jerky with the deer we kill, but have nothing on the scale it sounds like you have haha. we just take our meat to a slaughter house that adds some fat to it and what not (obviously you know all about that haha) . . thanks.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
mmmm, backstrap...
Gonna grill up some tonight!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i gotcha. thats pretty cool. me and my brother like to make jerky with the deer we kill, but have nothing on the scale it sounds like you have haha. we just take our meat to a slaughter house that adds some fat to it and what not (obviously you know all about that haha) . . thanks.
It is really cool, and everyone is so thankful for the work I do unlike the grocery store. But it really is not that hard to do your own heck when i started to process deer i used a hand grinder (now i use a 3 phase Hobart mixer/grinder that holds 300 lbs.) it just takes a little longer but i also do alot more than the average person
Old 05-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #15
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is really cool, and everyone is so thankful for the work I do unlike the grocery store. But it really is not that hard to do your own heck when i started to process deer i used a hand grinder (now i use a 3 phase Hobart mixer/grinder that holds 300 lbs.) it just takes a little longer but i also do alot more than the average person

How about Mamalian Engineer ....

Attached Thumbnails
Bored on a Sunday-leatherface.jpg  
Old 05-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
How about Mamalian Engineer ....

LOL that would work..of course my father used to refer to me as a "Cattle Surgeon"
Old 05-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
So you don't like butcher or meat cutter? Reason I ask is I am a meat cutter. I open a box with a strip loin, boneless pork loin, short loin, and cut it into retail packs, open a box of chuck roll and make roasts and steaks. I really feel like I am too far removed from the whole process. If you process whole hanging "meat" then you are a butcher. I run a meat department at a Sam's Club, been doing so for the past five years, open box cut meat, thats all I do but and I have a cutter that works for me that used to have his own shop at a local dairy, he would do the work for them and do side jobs for the local ranchers who raised cattle or hogs and deer for the local hunters, he keeps telling me he will bring me along next time he gets a call. Unfortunatly he doesnt have access to hang the beef anymore so the jobs he gets are few and far. I understand the anatomy but I have never broken a hind or front qtr, I think it would be good for me to know. Anyway keep up the good work meatman. BTY I like the 3rd light, original but I hope the cops dont give you any trouble. Kevin
Old 05-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
So you don't like butcher or meat cutter? Reason I ask is I am a meat cutter. I open a box with a strip loin, boneless pork loin, short loin, and cut it into retail packs, open a box of chuck roll and make roasts and steaks. I really feel like I am too far removed from the whole process. If you process whole hanging "meat" then you are a butcher. I run a meat department at a Sam's Club, been doing so for the past five years, open box cut meat, thats all I do but and I have a cutter that works for me that used to have his own shop at a local dairy, he would do the work for them and do side jobs for the local ranchers who raised cattle or hogs and deer for the local hunters, he keeps telling me he will bring me along next time he gets a call. Unfortunatly he doesnt have access to hang the beef anymore so the jobs he gets are few and far. I understand the anatomy but I have never broken a hind or front qtr, I think it would be good for me to know. Anyway keep up the good work meatman. BTY I like the 3rd light, original but I hope the cops dont give you any trouble. Kevin
Its not that I dont like the term "butcher" it is the fact that we meaning the grocery industry do not use them anymore.. almost everone in the retail market are meatcutters not butchers. Think about it do we use cleavers and hand saws anymore? Yes it is really good to know how to break hanging beef. I've been fortunate in when i started to learn to cut meat, although we didnt use hanging beef once a year at the fair the company would purchase some cattle have them slaughtered and quartered and sent to my store to be broke down for retail sale. If you could have any access to the slaughtering process do it. There is alot more to it than one would think and im lucky to even have 3 slaughter houses near by. I LOVE what i do and sometimes being im in management too i dont get enough of a chance to cut but talking to customers and explaning "what and where" those cuts come from is nice too. Most people dont have a clue
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #19
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Also if the cops give me a hard time then there deer wont get done! Ha ha
Old 05-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #20
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also if the cops give me a hard time then there deer wont get done! Ha ha

Right, I hear you. It's good to have that option.

I do most of the customer service at my job also. People just don't understand what is what when it comes to meat. I get asked all the time ,How many will this feed? Is this tender? How do I cook this? One old lady asked how to cook a chuck roast, she was probably in her 80's, my first thought was, Lady if you haven't figured that out by now, why bother? But I take the time and make sure they walk away happy. Do you work for a chain store or a local Grocery, if you dont mind me asking?