Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Powertrax no slip installed

Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
mat is on a distinguished road
mat's Tacoma Gallery
Powertrax no slip installed

finally got my no slip installed today. I gotta say it is pretty awesome. It has banged a few times, but i expect that once it breaks in it will be silent. I havent heard any clicking. The install was pretty simple, it took me and a friend about 7hrs, and that was with us messing around more than working. Neither of us had ever seen the inside of a differential until today. We tried the test where the wheels arent supposed to be able to spin in the same direction, but i had heard that sometimes its so tight that it isnt a reliable way to test, so i put one wheel in the dirt and one wheel on the pavement, and the wheel in the dirt wouldnt break loose unless the other tire chirped. The little quirks of it are extremely minor so far so i am happy. If any one is thinking about installing one of these feel free to ask me any questions, i know that it took a lot of convincing for me to finally buy one
Old 09-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at buying one. Would you recommend it still? Does it do any of the bad stuff the website says. I'm being told not to buy it but most of the reviews r pretty good. Ever get in trouble with it?