Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

02 to 04 cup holder tab replacement

Old 05-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
02 to 04 cup holder tab replacement

Okay guys I don't know if your cup holder tabs are as bad as mine were but here we go.

Tools
8mm socket
10mm socket
1/4" ratchet
Philips screw driver

Total cost was $8.60

Items needed

To start remove all the bolts from the center console.

One on each side of the back

one on each side of the front

& the two in the console

Now remove the console, under the cup holders you will have 5 screws remove the screws one at a time and replace the tab.
Note the tab with the arrow in the photo is the 66995-AD021

New and the old

All installed

Note the 2 holes in the 66995-AD021 that's the way you install it so the holes match up with the little points on the console.

Before

After
Old 05-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
dagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud of

dagul's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you order the tabs from? All of mine are missing...
Old 05-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered mine from trdparts4u: http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/pr...dproduct=-7787
Old 05-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Didn't you over-pay a bit?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Didn't you over-pay a bit?
Yes he did that's crazy mine were 1.58 each just go to the dealer and pick them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagul View Post
Where did you order the tabs from? All of mine are missing...
Roseville Toyota but you can go to any dealer and get them it's 8.60 for all of them.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Woot got 5 new tabs at my dealer today and only payed $4.67. Thanks for the post.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
There was a thread a while back where there is a template for making your own replacements out of rubber gasket material available at most hardware stores.

Here's the thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-thingies.html

Not that beat the price of the tabs from the stealership, but, maybe make something that will LAST a bit longer.

Peter
Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerP View Post
There was a thread a while back where there is a template for making your own replacements out of rubber gasket material available at most hardware stores.

Here's the thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-thingies.html

Not that beat the price of the tabs from the stealership, but, maybe make something that will LAST a bit longer.

Peter

Yeah Ive seen it but I really didn't want to spend the time to cut all of them out.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #11
cheeko is on a distinguished road
cheeko's Tacoma Gallery
cheaper

I used the neoprene mouse pad lying around the house. It is thicker and worked awesome. Just cut out the neoprene with pair of scissors. You can also pick the color.
che
Old 05-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #12
He bowls overhand
fastguy95 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chubbs
fastguy95's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to fastguy95
Thanks for the write up Jerry! I've always wanted to get new tabs, just haven't gotten around to it. Rep coming your way.

Also, nice led bulb in between the cup holders. Were you replacing your interior dome bulb with one from vled?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #13
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
nice write up, but mine was free and made by me.... used an old mouse pad, the one with no hard covering on the mouse's surface.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy95 View Post
Thanks for the write up Jerry! I've always wanted to get new tabs, just haven't gotten around to it. Rep coming your way.

Also, nice led bulb in between the cup holders. Were you replacing your interior dome bulb with one from vled?
That bulb is and extra bulb I did the dome and reading lights and had to buy 4. you want to to buy it $5.00 bucks it's yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasYOTA View Post
nice write up, but mine was free and made by me.... used an old mouse pad, the one with no hard covering on the mouse's surface.
Yeah that's all these tabs really are if you really feel like cutting then you can just get a mouse pad and do it that way. But when I found out it was 8.60 for all of them I said fuck it I'm buying the tabs.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect! I was looking for the parts # for these. Thank ya.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioWheelin View Post
Perfect! I was looking for the parts # for these. Thank ya.
FYI, here's a better (IMO) fix:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post2138962
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
Knowledge rating result of a goat vs MC vid
Aught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Aught2TaCO's Tacoma Gallery
I just went to Toyota and bought the stock ones. Found out they're made from better material so I was happy about that. Saved me time making them too, I have to be in that mood to do that these days.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #18
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up! Did the same thing a couple month ago!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
Saguache is on a distinguished road
Army:
Saguache's Tacoma Gallery
Oh nice, need to do this
Old 07-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #20
BioWheelin is on a distinguished road

BioWheelin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the clear and concise write-up! I did this the other day and it took only about 20 minutes since I knew exactly where everything was.