First I removed my camper shell by sliding it on to my brothers truck.
Then we took the bed off. 6 Bolts, and disconnect the tail lights. And up and over the gas filler neck.
My trucks nude!
Start removing shocks.
Grinding for "boxing plates" for the cross member
Chalk the truck and jacked it up to check shock location.
Got too windy to weld so we moved the truck into the garage. Here's a random picture of it out on the street.
Started getting windy out..
In the garage about to weld the "box plates" on the frame. :welder:
Here is my bottom weld.
Found out that the weld blocked my Cross member from going in. :saw: Time to grind some welds down.
Tried again, didn't fit had to regrind some more!
Let my brother weld it up.
Tacked the bottom shock tab
Then let our friend have a turn.
1 shocks in and flexing it out to find Bump
Everything in working order
Mind the bad welds.. they are not mine.
All done! Rides great. Just need to add larger bump stops to save the leaf springs.