Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Purchased 02 DBL cab w/low mileage, maintenance question

Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
STree will become famous soon enough
STree's Tacoma Gallery
Purchased 02 DBL cab w/low mileage, maintenance question

I just upgraded from a 2000 Regular Cab Tacoma to a 2002 DBL Cab Tacoma. My new truck only has 55,000 miles. Even though the truck has low mileage and was taken very good care of, it is still a 9 year old truck. I would like to get insight from the knowledgeable members of Tacoma World on maintenance recommendations given this circumstance. One of my main concerns is the timing belt replacement. I appreciate the help guys and will get pictures up as soon as I can.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
An '02 with 55,000 is awesome!

I don't think you need to worry about the timing belt just yet, however that's your call- the first real big service is at 30,000 miles, which includes spark-plugs, air filters, and differential oil, so I'd make sure to just go ahead and do those just incase the previous owner missed them. They're all stickied write-ups here on the forum.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
STree will become famous soon enough
STree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
An '02 with 55,000 is awesome!

I don't think you need to worry about the timing belt just yet, however that's your call- the first real big service is at 30,000 miles, which includes spark-plugs, air filters, and differential oil, so I'd make sure to just go ahead and do those just incase the previous owner missed them. They're all stickied write-ups here on the forum.
I appreciate the response. I plan on tackling the 30,000 mile service next weekend. My old Tacoma (which I'm currently trying to sell) has over 200,000 miles on it and I performed all the service for it so I'm hoping it shouldn't be to big of a difference wrenching on the 3.4 vs. the 2.7