1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coolant leak

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by EDJY, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    EDJY

EDJY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elliott
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR MT
    So I have a 2001 doublecab taco. At my last oil change the toyota dealer said my coolant reservoir was bone dry and since then I have been keeping an eye on it. About every 1000 miles or so the res. needs to be filled back up. I am really hoping there is a small leak in my radiator somewhere, because recently the truck was involved in a fender bender. I don't think my truck has ever been overheated, but there are quite a few miles on this truck (about 260k).

Tomorrow I am getting the radiator pressure tested. Has anyone has to do a head gasket on their Tacoma with the 3.4L? I am pretty sure I am imagining it but it seems like there is more condensation in the exhaust then I remember, lol.

2. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    That leak could be coming from anywhere, and could not be related to the fender binder and totally related to wear and tear.

Check your oil and make sure there isn't any water in there or you can even send the oil off to a test lab. They can tell you if there is any water in the oil.

Good luck with it.

3. Jun 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    shampoop

shampoop Well-Known Member

Member:
    southwest WA
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma extracab v6 auto trd offroad 4x4
    actually, you don't want it to be your radiator. You also don't want it to be a headgasket. What you want it to be, and what it most likely is, is a hose leaking somewhere.

Products Discussed in

To Top