Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Coolant leak

Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Coolant leak

So I have a 2001 doublecab taco. At my last oil change the toyota dealer said my coolant reservoir was bone dry and since then I have been keeping an eye on it. About every 1000 miles or so the res. needs to be filled back up. I am really hoping there is a small leak in my radiator somewhere, because recently the truck was involved in a fender bender. I don't think my truck has ever been overheated, but there are quite a few miles on this truck (about 260k).

Tomorrow I am getting the radiator pressure tested. Has anyone has to do a head gasket on their Tacoma with the 3.4L? I am pretty sure I am imagining it but it seems like there is more condensation in the exhaust then I remember, lol.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
That leak could be coming from anywhere, and could not be related to the fender binder and totally related to wear and tear.

Check your oil and make sure there isn't any water in there or you can even send the oil off to a test lab. They can tell you if there is any water in the oil.

Good luck with it.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
actually, you don't want it to be your radiator. You also don't want it to be a headgasket. What you want it to be, and what it most likely is, is a hose leaking somewhere.