LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buy/No Buy: 1st Gen w 150k miles plus goodies.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
escalatoraccident is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
escalatoraccident's Tacoma Gallery
Buy/No Buy: 1st Gen w 150k miles plus goodies.

Hey everyone,

I've been considering picking up a truck for a while and came across a Taco in my neighborhood for sale. I've been a long time Civic Si driver and use our forums a lot so my natural instinct was to jump on here and get opinions...

I was actually looking at getting a Jeep (you can get one for 0 down & 0 1st months payment right now), but then came across this truck. I have a sickness for smaller performance sedans. This is my 3rd Si.

After a crazy weekend in Mammoth in my buddy's FJ and the fact that I'm 6'3" I'm thinking I would really like a little truck I can still find small parking spaces for, but is easier for me to get in and out of and can handle rough roads/weather.

Anyway, here's the info:

2000 Tacoma
V6
Automatic
150k miles

Mods:

Obviosly suspension and tires.
TRD Supercharger

Price:

$11k

Pics:

My best friend had a 1st Gen as his first car when we were graduating High School, and we had a lot of fun in that truck. He bought it with 150k miles, drove it until about 250k and sold it back to the original owner, whom I believe still has it.

So my question is, should I just pay this little guy of quick and get a good couple years out of it before having to do some major work, or saddle myself with a small but long term payment on something like a Jeep? New Tacomas are just a little more than I'd like to spend...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of suspension lift? How old is the supercharger? Looks great though!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
A bit over priced since mods shouldn't increase the price, is it 4 wheel drive? but a tacoma is the way to go. good luck
Old 06-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
It's a Prerunner, I see no Axles in the front.

Be sure to find out what's lifting it and how long its been on the truck!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
steveomalilay is just really nicesteveomalilay is just really nicesteveomalilay is just really nicesteveomalilay is just really nice
Name: steven
steveomalilay's Tacoma Gallery
got it 150k is nothing for a taco
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
If you go for the "Jeep thing," you'll be hard pressed to wash off the stink. Trust me, you'll want to too. It is a bit overpriced though.

I got mine (01/V6/TRD/Manual) with 150k for $8000 and it came with mud tires/crawler rims, sliders, and King coilovers up front.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
keep shopping around for a 4x4..maybe even a double cab
(from the pics) looks like a prerunner.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Norcalkid is on a distinguished road

Navy: Engineman
Name: Jeff
Norcalkid's Tacoma Gallery
its a great lookin truck ill say that. depending on upkeep and quality of the suspention and aftermarket goodies. personally id probly talk the guy down offer him 8500 and have a little flexibility on that lol and pay it off quick. i paid 4700 for my 99 with 125k on it and i coulnt be happier with my truck. it all depends on what you want though. just do what feels right, it'll all work out in the end haha, a sound piece of advise my father in law always gave me
Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #11
Ok,

So PreRunners are the 4x2, $s not to bad depending on the mods etc. Ya my first thought was how clean it looked.

I'll see if I can get some more info.

Thanks for the quick replys guys. Really appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalatoraccident View Post
Ok,

So PreRunners are the 4x2, $s not to bad depending on the mods etc. Ya my first thought was how clean it looked.

I'll see if I can get some more info.

Thanks for the quick replys guys. Really appreciate it.
yupp
prerunners are 2wd with 4wd suspension. in this case...may not even matter in regards to suspension
best of luck to you. Get a 4wd and have that extra traction if you find yourself in a tough situation.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Make absolutely sure it is a TRD before you buy it. There should be a rear differential lock button to the left of the steering wheel.

I paid extra for the TRD and all I got were stickers because I didn't look into it enough.

Also, that's very similar to my truck. 150k miles on it. It was a little abused, but nearly everything is in great shape still and runs fine.

also, I got mine for 9k after it was all said and done.

Good luck!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #14
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
It's not listed as a Trd. Just a Sr5 with a Trd Supercharger.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
I would say pass and wait for a 4x4 with a bit less miles. I got mine for 17k with 27,000 miles and a shrockworks bumper and sliders and some nice wheels and mud tires, so you can find a better deal.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #16
Hey, thanks again for all the help everyone.

Took your advice, kept looking around. Found this at CarMax.

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2D Extended Cab

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2D Extended Cab
V6
4WD
Manual
63K Mi
$16,995

Thoughts?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #17
kctmet is on a distinguished road
kctmet's Tacoma Gallery
I recently got my 2002 DC V6 TRD PreRunner with 75K miles in excellent condition for $9500.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #18
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at mine, I can post more pics if needed, I feel my price is fair and the motor is in great shape and fully prepped for a Supercharger.

Also I am pretty local to you.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post3300143