Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

got my allpro bumper today please help

Old 06-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
greenscreener is on a distinguished road
Name: luis
greenscreener's Tacoma Gallery
got my allpro bumper today please help

hey i got my allpro bumper today and i have a question how exactly do i get the metal piece off the long one i guess its the factory bumper i took off the two bolts underneath each one but it wont come off do i need to cut this off or am i doing sumthing wrong here look at the pics please help

this is what i cant get off bolts already removed

Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
this might help

the green hoop shows you where to go but its mounted to the frame at the base so use and extension
Attached Thumbnails
got my allpro bumper today please help-imag03021.jpg  
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
thanks

thank you very much i was close to just cutting that thing off lol
Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Also. If they have not fixed the problem with the fitment here, you might have to trim a little bit to get it to fit properly.
I have the 1st gen tube bumper and not the baja like yours but just check the fitment real well. Install all the bolts loosely before you tighten them up.
I had to trim 1/2-3/4 of an inch in the location shown and I believe tacomorroto had to do the same.

I think you will also have to remove your hook or tow loop. And niether may bolt back up in the same spot. Hence the shackles on mine.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
I had to trim the same spot as mentioned above.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
another problem

well i guess allpro made my bumper just about 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch to narrow and i cant for the life of get it inbetween the frame rail dang it should i grind it just a bit
Old 06-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
its supposed to fit tight.. anyone around you to lend an extra hand?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
its supposed to fit tight.. anyone around you to lend an extra hand?
x2 my trail gear bumper was a PITA a second set of hands make a world of difference
Old 06-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
yeah mcjosh was a big help when i put mine on.. i still couldnt get one side of the bolts to line up and now its way out of alignment lol
Old 06-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #11
It's still too tight about 1/4 off what should I do
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscreener View Post
It's still too tight about 1/4 off what should I do
Beat the shit out of the bumper and make it fit.
Is there anyway you can get a hi-lift jack inbetween the 2 mounting brackets and spread them ever so slightly?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #13

Are your mounting brackets painted? If so you may have to take the paint down to primer then mount it. My tg bumper took alot of persuading to fit. so keep trying before taking it down
Old 06-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
its done gentlemen thank you very much for all ur help 6 pack on me here are the pics need to paint it later its just got sum spotty primer on it for now used a sledge hammer to persuade it into place and my two brothers let me know what you think

Old 06-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
my grill needs to go who sells better looking ones
Old 06-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #16

looks good as for the grille id paint it or satoshi it. street scenes or autoanything
Old 06-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscreener View Post
its done gentlemen thank you very much for all ur help 6 pack on me here are the pics need to paint it later its just got sum spotty primer on it for now used a sledge hammer to persuade it into place and my two brothers let me know what you think

Beast mode! Looks good leave the chrome!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #18

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
looks good not a fan of the baja headlight hoops but good none the less
Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #19
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
looks good not a fan of the baja headlight hoops but good none the less
x2. I like the AP bumper for many reasons (almost bought one), but DANG the Baja hoops are stupid looking. The only time they seem to look appropriate is on a fully decked out LT desert truck, and even then it's too much IMO.

Nice job either way.