Notices

NOOBY McNOOBAGE!!!

Old 06-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
TacoFart is on a distinguished road
Army: 7th Chemical
TacoFart's Tacoma Gallery
NOOBY McNOOBAGE!!!

Need a desert toy.

k........Long story short, I ended up with my wifes 2.4L STD base. I'd like to build a cost efficiant toy. What can I do? Would the 5100 Bilstein package be decent or the 2.0" Sway a Way CO be better? K&N C/A intake or Airraid setup? I already bought 235/75/15, reason why I stayed so low is because I have a 160 mile commute each day and dont want to take away from the already frumpy motor. I know throwing on a few mods will take little away, but adding 32"+ A/Ts is not goin down. What suspension isnt going to make it look ridiculous giving it a higher lift than my tires are willing to cover up? Im really stumped and know what I want but dont want to start ripping things apart and dropping cash if its going to look retarded and in the end be forced to make bigger purchases than I want to and turning this thing into a nightmare to commute. Dont have a lot of money to dump, so it'll def. be a spaced out project, but I can swing the suspension, depending on the kit of course.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
i dont care for CAI much i would just get a drop in K&N or AFE filter and do the deck plate. even tho i dont ever open mine up anymore.

if you got a long daily drive i would just suggest keeping up with maintenance such as plugs and oil and everything greased and maybe seafoam it

if you want a dessert toy LT would be the way to go but that aint cheap
Old 06-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
bicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ronnie
bicklebok's Tacoma Gallery
Cant offer you any help on your questions, but I wanted to let you know I love the thread title!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well I can safely rule out both those choices for you... 5100s don't fit 5 lug trucks nor does anybody make coilovers for them. I went with spindles... You can check out the build linked in my signature if you want. You'll find that nobody really supports the 5 lug trucks in the offroad market... probably for good reason.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
You'll find that nobody really supports the 5 lug trucks in the offroad market... probably for good reason.
'Cause they blow.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
'Cause they blow.
Well fuck you too
Old 06-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
Ive went through a fair share of research and other forums even suggested 2.0" sway a ways is a 5lug fav... Is that a wrong claim? I went to toytec and this was what came up along with a 5100 bilstein setup, but youre saying the 5100 wont fit the 5lug? Whats the reason it wont?................ I can swing some cash, but my budget isnt within anything higher than 1k

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #9
I cant see ur photos....along with half this sites pics posted. Wonder why that is
Old 06-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #10
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
no work on 5 luggies
Attached Thumbnails
NOOBY McNOOBAGE!!!-screen-shot-2011-06-15-1.27.21-am.png  
Old 06-15-2011, 02:07 AM   #11
whats the set up I need to get then............If I went all out made this thing look badass whats going to fits? what LT kit would I need? What size tires is going to compliment the work done with out taking much away from the motor... What mods do I need to make to balance out any suspension/shock setup?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #12
bicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ronnie
bicklebok's Tacoma Gallery
I saw on one of the forums Im a member of where a guy modified a standard. he posted pics too and it looked nice. I will look for it. You could talk to him and get some ideas.