Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Icons or fox 2.0" coil overs? with Total Chaos UCA.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Icons or fox 2.0" coil overs? with Total Chaos UCA.

Icons - http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/31629

Fox 2.0 shocks - http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/51748

The people at ORW say the Fox are better yet they are a lesser lift.

I have Bilstien 5100 with 2.5" set with stock TRD springs currently.

What would be a better route for mild off road and a better ride all around?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Those are 2 inches only as well, I am looking for a mid travel kit with a 0-3 inch lift.

Also SAW are Icons in different clothing with lesser lift option.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Who needs roads?

I was refering to the "cheaper" option shocks is all, and I was told by more than a few people SAW and Icons are the same shock with different internals.. so IDK.. you may be right.

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/38397

They are very similarly priced but I was under the impression that Icons were the best tuned for our trucks.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
Who needs roads?

I want a solid mid travel front end and plan to use an add a leaf from icon in rear and new upper control arms and coil overs up front for a solid lift and all terrain ride quality.

I was happy with my 5100 because they only cost me $200.. but they ride like $200 shocks anymore.

I know a cheap alternative is add the Old man emu springs to the 5100 for more lift but I would still be on stock components and that's what I want to upgrade from.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
if you want to get the full use out of a uni ball UCA then you have to run an extended length coilover to get the extra inch of down travel and have a true "mid" travel suspension

icon is the only company i know of that makes an ext length coilover

get icons... i've had 2 sets of their CO's and could not be happier
Old 06-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
if you want to get the full use out of a uni ball UCA then you have to run an extended length coilover to get the extra inch of down travel and have a true "mid" travel suspension

icon is the only company i know of that makes an ext length coilover

get icons... i've had 2 sets of their CO's and could not be happier

x2
Old 06-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #12
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Fox also makes a 2.5 coilover RR for extended travel UCA but they are a bit pricey. I have them and they ride nice on the road, havent had a chance to test them offroad yet.

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39092!

Ya and like said above get them from Downsouth Motorsports.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #13
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
x3 on icons
Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
I was refering to the "cheaper" option shocks is all, and I was told by more than a few people SAW and Icons are the same shock with different internals.. so IDK.. you may be right.

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/38397

They are very similarly priced but I was under the impression that Icons were the best tuned for our trucks.
Icon uses a digressive valving Set up while sway a way uses a progressive valving set up.

In reality kings, saw/camburgs, fox, and icon/Donahoe are all great products. Just pick a color.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Talked with dan from wheelers before and he said SAW makes an ext travel coilover, and the camburg coilover bridges the gap between stock travel and extended travel.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Icon's FTW!!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #17
Who needs roads?

I am going to go Icons, The 1 inch longer travel ones are on back order but the normal ones are available.

Going to go with Total Chaos Uppers with them, So it wont really matter because I dont plan to over extend them.

Going to talk to ORW Monday about the stuff.

If all goes well I should have it all installed by next monday.

Speed Freak Jason will hook it up with the install.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Dude if your getting the UCA's wait to get the extended travel shocks. You wont over extend them if you get UCA's. If you dont you will wish you did. If you dont get the extended travel shocks there isnt much point to getting UCA's
Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
Who needs roads?

That's what I was just thinking, they are going to check the back order status and place the order for the longer icons, I really just want the ability to get a little wild and still drive home.