Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

03 Tacoma Python Alarm

Old 06-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Carito is on a distinguished road
Carito's Tacoma Gallery
03 Tacoma Python Alarm

Got an 03 Xtra Cab v6 with auto tranny. Wanted to upgrade the original keyless entry with something better than just replacing the two original keyfobs that broke.

Was looking at the Python 1601
http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/pro...?productid=618

Anyone know anything about this in terms of installing etc? It does have remote starter but from what I take, since I dont have an 05 or newer I dont need some kind of bypass thing. I do have a copy of the factory service manaul along with the connector wiring scheme etc. Just not sure how hard this is or how well I can expect the remote start to work. It's only about $30 less without the remote start so I though what the heck. Would be great when its 105 outside and its already cooled.

Thanks for any help
Carito
Old 06-19-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Carito's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so maybe no one has this exact alarm. Can anyone maybe tell me what they do have, have involved is the typical process (am I going to have to remove the dash or anything extreme like that), and how about the remote start. Is that pretty reliable? Worth it?
Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
You could google for the installation manual and see how involved the install is..

I know the aftermarket keyless+remote start system that came with my truck had a decent amount of splicing done. if it were me who bought it, i probably would've had a shop install it if it were less than $100 labor. Electrical stuff like that (Tying into the tach, the ignition etc.) to me means it has to be done right if i don't want to get stranded because my amateur splice failed.

Gdlk!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
Carito's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I didnt think about looking for the manual. Going without the remote starter I know would be easier, but who like easy. I'll check for a manual though. thanks.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
I recently got a Viper alarm system installed and i love it... got it done at a car audio place for $200. they installed it