LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????

Old 06-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????

i am torn between a three inch body lift or a three inch lift kit and what brand. give me your opinions and experiances with anything you have used. looking for something on a low to medium budget
Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota new.o View Post
i am torn between a three inch body lift or a three inch lift kit and what brand. give me your opinions and experiances with anything you have used. looking for something on a low to medium budget
personally i would got with the suspension lift kit, but everyone have there own opinions on with they like. whats the low to medium budget exactly? cause if your planning on putting anything bigger than a 33 your gonna need a body lift along with a suspension lift. says you got a 96 reg cab i have the same thing thought i could help cause i already know exactly wst i wanna get.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
ezarawi is on a distinguished road
ezarawi's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3" Body lift ,with 33"x12.5x15 BF Goodrich,I love it ,rides smooth .will go through any thing.check my vids on you tube.http://www.youtube.com/user/ibnfalasteen63#g/u
Attached Thumbnails
96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????-me-truck.jpg  
Old 06-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
The suspension lift is 10x easier to install.a bl leaves you with unsightly gaps between body and frame. I removed the bl that was on mine and the hardware that came off was garbage.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I vote suspension lift 1000%
Old 06-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension lift = better ride, safer and saves alot of headache in the long run.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Quast is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
Quast's Tacoma Gallery
go with the OME 3 inch suspension lift and get the new leaf pack in the back to have a total suspension upgrade your truck is 15 years old and will only benifit from a suspension lift where as a BL does nothing but giving it a little bit of clearance bit more then you might be willing to spend but in the long run you will love it.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
My suspension on my 99 was completely shot when I took it off, my bushings were literally worn to almost nothing.

I would get (everyone else would too) Bilstein 5100's. You could atleast replaced the front, which would give you 2.5 inches of lift and a very smooth ride. Later on you could add rear 5100's and coils which would get you over 3 inches and an even better ride.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

That's 220 dollars for a safe, correct way of lifting the truck while replaced worn out struts.

If you go the body lift route, you are simply taking your worn out suspension and making it work that much harder while gaining absolutely no ground clearance!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #11

thanks to all for the help now all i gotta do is get the money
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
personally i would got with the suspension lift kit, but everyone have there own opinions on with they like. whats the low to medium budget exactly? cause if your planning on putting anything bigger than a 33 your gonna need a body lift along with a suspension lift. says you got a 96 reg cab i have the same thing thought i could help cause i already know exactly wst i wanna get.
love the the little standard cab. i went from a 84 extended cab to a 97 chevy extra cab long bed then back to this. and this truck just seems to beat them all
Old 06-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Quote:
love the the little standard cab. i went from a 84 extended cab to a 97 chevy extra cab long bed then back to this. and this truck just seems to beat them all
yea man i love my reg cab i just need a new set of tires. i want a lift but its gonna be a while before i get it
these are the parts i want to get im gonna have to piece it together over time and i left out the leaf pack i want

front and back shocks you can find a discount code on this site its about 10 bucks but hey its 10 bucks
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-96...djustable.html

Coils alot of people go with the toytec eibach coils or OME
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm

im getting these my buddy just got his in they look sick, also i heard when you lift your truck 3" it give you alignment problems and UCA's help with that. theres also Total Chaos UCA's
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504camburgcotaco.htm

Drop diff kit
Old 06-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
If you're still looking for a cheap lift I bought a 2.5 inch Daystar suspension lift and am having no trouble our of it at all. Second day I had it i went and did flex tests and it made more of a difference than I expected. Also my ride quality improved which wasn't what I was expecting at all. As for durability it's been able to handle everything I've done, and my truck isn't used as a mall crawler.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #15

well i finally broke down and spent the money for a lift. a tough country 3 inch suspension lift toyo m/t 33/12.50/16 and a set of bushwacker flares. that was one spendy bill pics up later
Old 07-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
Confusion

Quote:
well i finally broke down and spent the money for a lift. a tough country 3 inch suspension lift toyo m/t 33/12.50/16 and a set of bushwacker flares. that was one spendy bill pics up later
Sweet man can't wait to see the finished product! Its gonna look sick!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #17

96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????-1995-1997_toyota_tacoma.jpg

96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????-img_5076.jpg

96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????-img_5077.jpg

96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????-img_5078.jpg

96 tacoma lift body vs. suspension ???????-img_5081.jpg

so the first one is what i began with (close) and the next four are almost what ill end with.
minus-
toyo m/t
racing seats
sound system
rock sliders
and tube bumbers

not a bad start though