Notices

Hitch won't fit! WTF gives?

Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
03TACOMANH is on a distinguished road
Navy: GMM1 (SW)
Name: Gregg
03TACOMANH's Tacoma Gallery
Hitch won't fit! WTF gives?

I got a SWEET deal on an OEM hitch, presumably off an '04 Tacoma. Trying to put it on my '03 but the frame rails appear to be too wide for it. I never asked the questions about whether the donor was 2WD vs 4WD...is there a difference in rear frame rail dimensions?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
No, the frames should be the same.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
04DcTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: sam
04DcTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the same way too, one side goes through but the other doesnt. But theres a certain way you gotta manuever it. Pretty tough if ur doing it your self. I think slide the right side on and move it towards the rear bumper. Then move the left side all the way down untill u can get it on there. Only hard part was removing the rusted frame bolts!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Ok,

Measurements; My Draw-tite receiver is 42" wide ,bolts to the frame and then the bumper brackets bolt on the outside of the receiver.....

Does this help??? 2 people does make this a MUCH easier project....

If you need help still.......I'm in Dova'.....