Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CV Joint Hell

Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
CV Joint Hell

I replaced my half shafts as my passenger side boot tore. I bought Advaced Auto half shafts for $75 new, not remanufactered with a life time warrenty. Installed them myself along with new rotors, pads and brake lines. Finished up tonight and went for a test drive and the drivers side boot near the wheel has pulled free of the halft shaft. grease all over.

So tomarow I will be visiting advanced auto to see how they want to work the warranty. I like working on my truck, but it gets to a point where its not fun anymore. Well after this I will be good at changing these things so if anyone in Phoenix needs help doing this I am your man.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you didn't push the c clamp all the way until it snap in place.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
No it was seated right. I heard the pop when installing it and gave a couple of tugs to be sure. The boot pulled free from the half shaft. The clamp on the boot was not tight from the manufacturer.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike92y View Post
No it was seated right. I heard the pop when installing it and gave a couple of tugs to be sure. The boot pulled free from the half shaft. The clamp on the boot was not tight from the manufacturer.

Yep that's what it sounds like take that shit back and get a dew one.