Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replace factory leaf spring....

Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
67tone67 is on a distinguished road
67tone67's Tacoma Gallery
Replace factory leaf spring....

Any suggestions for replacments? Brands?
Old 06-22-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Are you wanting to go aftermarket or replace with OEM? Lift or stock height?

There are guys on the forum with aftermarket leafs from Wheelers (made by Alcan), OME, Alcan, and Deaver, and also Toytec and some of the previously mentioned suppliers make Add-A-Leaf kits for your leaf springs. I probably left some out but use the search button to search leaf springs and you'll get lots-o'-info.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67tone67 View Post
Any suggestions for replacments? Brands?
You have a few options as far as brands go, depending how "hands on" mechanically you are you can save a huge amount of $$$$$$ An AAL may solve your problem for awhile but thats asking alot from adding one small leaf to your existing springs, I rebuilt mine by adding 2 Ford springs to eachside.. great results
Old 06-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Sixgun is on a distinguished road
Sixgun's Tacoma Gallery
I used Dorman springs. Just an aftermarket OEM replacement. Paid right around $100 ea. bought online which is about $75-$100 cheaper than what Advance/Auto Zone retail.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
67tone67 is on a distinguished road
67tone67's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is stock 4 banger..... I considered a lift.... But i havent decided.... Dont want to over ( meat ) my engine! Stock wheels and tires too.... Im thinkin jut factoy replacements ..... Maybe a block lift later?! I have plenty of mechanic experience.... Just getting an opinion because i know toy factory leafs sag over time
Old 06-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67tone67 View Post
My truck is stock 4 banger..... I considered a lift.... But i havent decided.... Dont want to over ( meat ) my engine! Stock wheels and tires too.... Im thinkin jut factoy replacements ..... Maybe a block lift later?! I have plenty of mechanic experience.... Just getting an opinion because i know toy factory leafs sag over time
You just answered your own question bro', our stock leafs really suck so ya don't want to replace one POS with another, Aftermarket springs maybe your only choice if wanting to stay at stock height....