Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ARB Bull Bar Bumper

Old 06-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Kolar is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
Kolar's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Bull Bar Bumper

Yesterday I installed a ARB Bull Bar Bumper on my 03' Tacoma. This dropped the front suspension consediberitly, this suspension is stock for the Pre-runner. I want to get an upgraded front spring and shock set. Can any one help me on this cause I am in the dark on this matter. I just want to provide enough lift in the front end to bring it back to factory hight because this is my daily driver. The bumper is ruffly around 150 pounds. I dont know how much added weight this is because i don't know what the stock bumper brackets and plastic weighted. PLEASE HELP!!!
Attached Thumbnails
ARB Bull Bar Bumper-img_0555.jpg   ARB Bull Bar Bumper-img_0556.jpg   ARB Bull Bar Bumper-img_0557.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Shiester
BCH is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
BCH's Tacoma Gallery
I can help a bunch. I went to 4wheelparts, Marietta Ga and they installed the OME 881's, 5 leaf Dakars, and the truck is perfectly level, rides great and is exactly what I wished for
Old 09-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Shiester

BCH's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, I have the ARB Bull Bar, Milemarker 10500 winch, and its truly perfect
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
Shiester

BCH's Tacoma Gallery
pics you see will be before suspension if you look at my photos
Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I upgraded to OME for a mild lift (springs and Light Racing UCA's) and to support the ARB. I take mine on trips out of state and drive daily.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an ARB, Warn M800 (with synthetic line) and am running OME 882 coils with OME Nitrocharger shocks. Dakar leaf springs and OME Nitrocharger's in the rear. Rides great and gives me about 2 3/4" lift.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolar View Post
Yesterday I installed a ARB Bull Bar Bumper on my 03' Tacoma. This dropped the front suspension consediberitly, this suspension is stock for the Pre-runner. I want to get an upgraded front spring and shock set. Can any one help me on this cause I am in the dark on this matter. I just want to provide enough lift in the front end to bring it back to factory hight because this is my daily driver. The bumper is ruffly around 150 pounds. I dont know how much added weight this is because i don't know what the stock bumper brackets and plastic weighted. PLEASE HELP!!!
Did you do before and after height measurements to see exactly how much height you lost by adding the bumper? When I took my stock bumper and the mounting brackets off, they weighed 30 lbs.

edit: Didn't realize how old this thread was. I'm guessing you sorted this out long ago.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Funny how this thread got all kinds of attention 3 months later....I remember the OP solved this a while back with 881's and stock shocks.