Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roof Basket Ideas?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Roof Basket Ideas?

Hey guys. I am looking at putting a basket on top of my shell. I bought it with the yakima track system and cross bars already installed. I'm just looking for different options of baskets. I want to be able to mount a hi-lift on one side and a shovel and ax on the other. I want a nice durable rack, while still staying money conscious. What do ya'll like?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Mytidawg is on a distinguished road

Name: Vince
Mytidawg's Tacoma Gallery
what did you end up getting??....where were the ideas and pics from other members?

VF
Old 07-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a Defender Rack, Yakima MegaWarrior and I currently have a BajaRack. All excellent products. I'd rate the BajaRack best due to it's very solid but lightweight construction, then the Yakima Megawarrior, then the Defender.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytidawg View Post
what did you end up getting??....where were the ideas and pics from other members?

VF
Haven't had many ideas.

I've been looking at this one: http://www.discountramps.com/car-roof-rack.htm

Only because it's cheap haha. but I haven't gotten anything yet. I've had a few deals come up as far as a ham radio and front coils. so it may be a bit before I get a basket. But i'm still researching and trying to find other possibilities.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
I've had a Defender Rack, Yakima MegaWarrior and I currently have a BajaRack. All excellent products. I'd rate the BajaRack best due to it's very solid but lightweight construction, then the Yakima Megawarrior, then the Defender.
Pics?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Mytidawg is on a distinguished road

Name: Vince
Mytidawg's Tacoma Gallery
Roof Basket "Idears"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
Pics?

...ok that is funny $hit....how do you find them fonts

check this one out.....I just pulled the trigger on a King coilover w aal....method 16"....and Goodyear dura tracs.....and i think im gonna add this basket on top of my surfboard racks for trips when there is no surfing....i read it's pretty easy on and off.....the same company you saw...but a nicer look....price seems reasonable......some racks are $450...this one is $170...seems legit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 07-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytidawg View Post
...ok that is funny $hit....how do you find them fonts

check this one out.....I just pulled the trigger on a King coilover w aal....method 16"....and Goodyear dura tracs.....and i think im gonna add this basket on top of my surfboard racks for trips when there is no surfing....i read it's pretty easy on and off.....the same company you saw...but a nicer look....price seems reasonable......some racks are $450...this one is $170...seems legit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
That one does look pretty nice. They also have those here: http://www.discountramps.com/roof-cargo-basket.htm if you want to wait a little on the roof rack.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
Did you have all these on a Tacoma?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #10
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't find anything cheaper than $300 shipped, and then found this at Sears. Got it with the extension (makes a ~5ft rack) delivered for $200 to the Sears outlet up the road.
Not mounted yet, but it looks to be good quality and looks hawt on the topper's Yakrack
http://www.sears.ca/product/rola-roo...00852939-59504

That's Sears Canada, fyi
Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Discountramps.com