LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

need bolt sizes

Old 06-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
need bolt sizes

Im getting ready to put my lift on. I have purchased camburg ucas, toytec coils, bilsteing 5100 front shocks, 5150 rear shocks and all pro 3" leaf packs (not the expedition) i thought it would be a good idea to have bolt sizes for the ucas and for the new leafs going on in case one or more break (very apt to happen) does anyone have the bolt sizes? also, is there anything else i need for my lift?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
Anybody?
Sorry guy, can't help with the bolt sizes.

As for what else you might need. Definately want to use new u-bolts. I'd also recommend having a new set of poly bushings for the leaf spring fronts. You'll likely destroy the originals getting them out. Wheelers is a good source for both of these items.

Those camburg UCAs look awesome. I am considering those. Look forward to hearing about how they work out.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Sorry guy, can't help with the bolt sizes.

As for what else you might need. Definately want to use new u-bolts. I'd also recommend having a new set of poly bushings for the leaf spring fronts. You'll likely destroy the originals getting them out. Wheelers is a good source for both of these items.

Those camburg UCAs look awesome. I am considering those. Look forward to hearing about how they work out.
the all pro leafs i ordered came with new poly bushings, did you reuse the stock bolts that go through the eye of the leafs or did you buy new ones?
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the all pro leafs i ordered came with new poly bushings, did you reuse the stock bolts that go through the eye of the leafs or did you buy new ones?
I did not reuse the stock ones. I could have because mine came apart relatively easily. But I've seen many examples where that bolt had to be cut off to get the old spring off.

Knowing that I ordered the poly bushing kit from wheelers that included a greasable type replacement bolt.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Yea. Be prepared to cut out the old bolt. The metal spacer in the middle of the old rubber bushing likes to seize onto the bolt. Beating it out usually won't work.
Measure the old one and get a new grade 8 bolt of the same size or slightly longer.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine all came apart relatively easily when installing my shackles...I just hit the bolt until I could get a pry bar on the head end and it slid right out.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Mine all came apart relatively easily when installing my shackles...I just hit the bolt until I could get a pry bar on the head end and it slid right out.
His has six years on yours!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
J-rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
haha yeah thats my worry, for example when i was taking my sway bar off, every bolt broke off
Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha yeah thats my worry, for example when i was taking my sway bar off, every bolt broke off
Not sure on sizes but new eyebolts and u bolts are definitely a good idea. I had to cut my front eye bolts off...
Old 06-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
J-rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Not sure on sizes but new eyebolts and u bolts are definitely a good idea. I had to cut my front eye bolts off...
and you just went down to a hardware store and replaced them with new grade 8 bolts?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and you just went down to a hardware store and replaced them with new grade 8 bolts?

i have to cut off my leaf bolts i tried Ace but they didn't have the right size so I bought them from the dealer they were about 6 bucks each.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
True. Plus the 5 lugger doesn't see much wheeling

Plenty of salt though....
Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
J-rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
i have to cut off my leaf bolts i tried Ace but they didn't have the right size so I bought them from the dealer they were about 6 bucks each.
thanks man, thats probably the route im gonna have to go, and as for the ucas, the bolts for them would be found at the dealer as well huh?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #16
SPOTSONTROUT is on a distinguished road

Name: ROB
SPOTSONTROUT's Tacoma Gallery
I just did my leaf packs ,ended up having to buy the new eye bolts from the dealer . They are M14x1.5 x 100 long grade 8. Try getting them somwhere else te dealer was expensive. I used a sawsall to cut mine off make sure you have lots extra blades.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep that's exactly what I did