Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help: Lift, Tires, Rims and what not.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
gatorboyy13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
gatorboyy13's Tacoma Gallery
Help: Lift, Tires, Rims and what not.

I know i have asked alot, but im for sure doing it this time! Got the money got everything!

I have an '01 PreRunner, mostly stock

LIFT:Well i want a 300$ or under lift from toytec. which is best for me?

TIRES and RIMS:
Im getting 285/75/R16 all terrains, id like to get some cheap cragar soft 8's. I really just want cheap steelies, know a good place to find them? and what are the exact measurents i need for this tire.

MISC:
what else would i need?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Well...an OME lift would probably be your best bet for running 285's without rubbing issues. I'm not sure on the price of the OME set up though.

For cheap steelies, try 4 wheel parts. They have good prices on wheels.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck finding a decent lift for $300ish...

If you're trying to pinch pennies, you could go for 15" rims. They cost less then 16's including comparable tire sizes.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
This will be the cheapest lift (from Toytec):
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I second the steel wheels:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

Then get some 33x12.50 / 10.50x15 which will be cheaper than the 285's.

This is not the best way to lift your truck, but it will give you the desired results.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Lifts are something that you can put together for cheap, but the best thing to do would be to save a little more and go for the good stuff... not 1000's, but more than only $300. You might regret a cheap lift in the long run
Old 06-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
gatorboyy13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
gatorboyy13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
This will be the cheapest lift (from Toytec):
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

I second the steel wheels:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

Then get some 33x12.50 / 10.50x15 which will be cheaper than the 285's.

This is not the best way to lift your truck, but it will give you the desired results.
So that is my best option for that price range? I just dont have the kind of money but i want it done now. and the tires are that cuz im getting a good deal on them
Old 06-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
firefightermdc is just really nicefirefightermdc is just really nicefirefightermdc is just really nicefirefightermdc is just really nicefirefightermdc is just really nice

Firefighter:
firefightermdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboyy13 View Post
So that is my best option for that price range? I just dont have the kind of money but i want it done now. and the tires are that cuz im getting a good deal on them
Pretty much..you'd do better to save a little more and do an ome lift. Trust me that a cheap lift only Starts out inexpensive...
Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboyy13 View Post
Well that kit comes with new shocks.

Your other option is 5100's front and rear with blocks or AAL which will run you around $350. I would highly recommend the 5100 w/ the AAL, but you might rub if you plan on doing any off roading. Talk to Marco at Downsouth Motorsports, they're a vendor here. I just bought my OME kit fron them and they have free shipping.

If you are set on the 285's I'd just run your stock wheels with some spider trax wheel spacers (approx $200).

Spacer kits can be bad news, but lots of people run them with no problems.

The Toytec kit is a spacer lift, while the 5100's use the shocks to achieve the desired lift (but give you a maximum of 2.5" of lift, while the spacers will give you the full 3").
Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
4wheelparts usually has good wheel & tire packages and they mount and balance for free.