Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Supercharged

Old 06-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
BAMF
RockinTheTaco is just really niceRockinTheTaco is just really niceRockinTheTaco is just really niceRockinTheTaco is just really nice

Name: Jason
RockinTheTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharged

I want to boost my hp and speed. Everyone says you cant get good power unless you spend money. Well I have the money. What do I need to get?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
doug thorley headers, CAI, trd supercharger, urd 7th injection kit, cat back exhaust, and urd pully. probably about 8 grand installed
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
doug thorley headers, CAI, trd supercharger, urd 7th injection kit, cat back exhaust, and urd pully. probably about 8 grand installed
Sweet. $8000 for 150 hp? Where do I sign up?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
you will need a supercharger. are you looking to purchase a new or used s/c? if used, just make sure the seller includes everything that a new kit includes. additional parts is a bonus that can save a few bucks.

i recommend you find someone, maybe a member on here that's boosted and see what combo they're running. if it's been reliable and trouble free, copy his setup and have fun.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sweet. $8000 for 150 hp? Where do I sign up?
hahahha well he said he has the money
Old 06-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
hahahha well he said he has the money
In that case I would keep the truck and pick up:

Old 06-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTheTaco View Post
I want to boost my hp and speed. Everyone says you cant get good power unless you spend money. Well I have the money. What do I need to get?
You mean daddy's money
Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
BAMF
RockinTheTaco is just really niceRockinTheTaco is just really niceRockinTheTaco is just really niceRockinTheTaco is just really nice

actually no. Not "daddys money" my money. My dad wouldnt pay for my shit even if i was dying
Old 06-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
your in a double cab truck, dont make it fast. if you want fast get somethin else. you can spend money all day long and not beat even a 4 valve mustang, which is pitiful, if you want quick and really good handling trade in the double cab for a x-runner.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hhaha he probably stole the money if he can afford 8k of mods plus install.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Get a car. Making a truck fast is retarded.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
pootermobile is on a distinguished road

pootermobile's Tacoma Gallery
Want a more powerful truck? Sell Tacoma, buy a Duramax! My older brother has one: Tunner + exhaust = over 500 hp to the rear tires and it gets 23 mpg highway
Old 06-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed....making a truck fast is crazy, buy a Mustang!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTheTaco View Post
actually no. Not "daddys money" my money. My dad wouldnt pay for my shit even if i was dying
But you're on such a tight budget with your stereo and CB threads. That's going to make getting supercharged rather difficult, especially with your job options at only 19
Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
But you're on such a tight budget with your stereo and CB threads. That's going to make getting supercharged rather difficult, especially with your job options at only 19
About RockinTheTaco OccupationFinancial Representative @ Northwestern Mutual

Fancy name for a bank teller.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #16

ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyR View Post
Agreed....making a truck fast is crazy, buy a Mustang!
buying a mustang is crazyy hahah
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #17

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
About RockinTheTaco OccupationFinancial Representative @ Northwestern Mutual

Fancy name for a bank teller.
FAIL @ $10 an hour. No supercharger for him unless he's still living at home and putting all his cash towards his truck instead of paying his dues
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #18
BAMF

its not that im on a tight budget. I just dont want to waste money on sound crap
Old 06-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #19
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
FAIL @ $10 an hour. No supercharger for him unless he's still living at home and putting all his cash towards his truck instead of paying his dues
lol, you guys are harsh.

on a serious note, these guys are right. there's really no point in trying to make a brick fly fast through the wind. do some suspension mods, get some nice wheels/tires, and call it a day. go off roading and sling some mud around.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #20
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what truck your trying to make fast. my x runner is quick and will pull a curve like no other.