Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Factory Stereo

Old 06-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Factory Stereo

Might be an easy question but I'm not a stereo guy. Will a double DIN factory cd/tape from a 2003 Tacoma fit a 1999 Tacoma? Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Nobody knows?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
do u have a double din space available?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I would think so. The tacomas were all the same up until 05'
Old 06-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
dont know but i have a factory 05 stereo im looking to get rid of
Old 06-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBCrew View Post
dont know but i have a factory 05 stereo im looking to get rid of

good luck with that, I ripped mine out of my 11 a week after purchase, the sound was so bad I coudnt even make through the free 3 month XM/sirus subscription.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Took you a whole week huh?? I was ordering a new deck from my phone while waiting at the stealer
Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #8

Yea... I knew from my 07 that I would have that issue. 4 nice alpine speakers & alpine cd player with a small amp solved the problem.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
I would say yes it will fit, do you have the pocket under your radio now?

Above the radio you should have your temp controls then the radio then the pocket.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Why not go with a Scion unit so you get more power and maybe even a 6 disc changer?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
The bees know...

I like the stock or close to it look. And the stock cd/tape units run between $10 to $40. I like to drive with the windows open and with the a/t tires sound quality isn't the best anyway.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
I think Crutchfield has a web site that can tell you if you have a double din