1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cruise control

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mcarizona, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jun 30, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    mcarizona

mcarizona [OP] Member

Member:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Mud,Duellers
    So I replaced the rack and pinion steering and a possible consequence is that my cruise doesn't work now. Anyone know which fuse controls that luxury or another reason if these events are at all related. Thanks!
    Steve :confused:

2. Jun 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    It would be helpful if you would give us some ********** clues as to exactly what year / model Taco you have.

3. Jul 1, 2011 at 6:16 AM
    spidy3

spidy3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dom
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Off Road
    what parts work/dont work? light come on but doesnt set? no light?

Did you mess with brake switch at all? (thats one under dash on brake pedal lever)

4. Jul 1, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    mcarizona

mcarizona [OP] Member

Member:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Mud,Duellers
    OH thanks for thinking of that. Its an '04 6 cyl, 4x4. Truthfully, the cruise light has been somewhat intermittent since I bought it new with 46 miles on it. It works most of the time so I never had it checked.
    I took off the skid plates and the rack including tie rod ends. (against the manual's advice, I even left the battery hooked up) The only folly was that I had to disconnect the power steering hose completely to clean the threads on the pipe end which got (ahem) damaged in the repair. So nothing electronic that I know of. There IS a sensor of some kind on the PS line that may or may not affect the overall electrical system. I had to remove that to get the PS line out too. Mainly, I'd like to track down a fuse, or a vaccuum line that may have affected it. Thanks again for any advice.
    Steve

5. Jul 15, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    mcarizona

mcarizona [OP] Member

Member:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Mud,Duellers
    Thanks for reading ya-all. The cruise came on while I was playing with the switch on the highway. Its still intermittent. The clutch shut-off switch seems good, I couldn't find a cruise specific fuse either. I think the problem is in the set switch on the column. I haven't checked price/availability/ commitment on replacing this part yet.
    Steve

6. Aug 31, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    mcarizona

mcarizona [OP] Member

Member:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Mud,Duellers
    Couple months later, cruise is working regularly right now. I wiggled the clutch switch but did not find the brake one (I think it is related to the lights actually). So I am cruisin' but don't know why. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top