Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

plate or tube bumper???

Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
plate or tube bumper???

Like the title says plate bumper or tube bumper on an 2002 dbl cab? I am in south Louisiana so no rocks just lots of old logging roads and torn up lease roads. Not much mud that shit is hard to clean but I do like the trails that are found in parks around Texas and Arkansas they have a little bit of everything on them. Thanks for any input it's a hard thing to decide on.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
In my opinion, tube bumpers look horrible! So, in other words, go with a plate bumper!!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I do like the look of the plate bumpers a lot. I had the same feelings about tube for a long time but I kinda like the look of the trail gear one and a few other ones. I will try to find pics of a few of the ones I have been looking at.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
this might help a bit just my .02

Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^ That one looks pretty good!! I guess I just don't like the giant "stinger."
Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
IMO tube is lighter, plated bumper are heavier but more protection!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
tube ftw!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
^^^^^ That one looks pretty good!! I guess I just don't like the giant "stinger."
Yea o don't like the stinger as well it was custom made based on the trail gear bumper
Old 07-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
With what we got in Louisiana, get a plate bumper.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I like tube, and it's what I'll be getting on the front whenever the time comes.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
With what we got in Louisiana, get a plate bumper.
Exactly what I have been thinking but I like the fact that tube ones are light weight. I know out here wirh the trees and stumpes that plate may be better.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #12
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Tube if you are LT, plate if you are not LT.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #13
TacoMan709 will become famous soon enough

TacoMan709's Tacoma Gallery
Plate = tank

Tube = humvee

Advantages to both.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 AM   #14
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
I'll vote tube but I get why people don't like them.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #15
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
There is always the hybrid option. Tube with plate. A lot of them use aluminum plate to shave off the weight. Personally I prefer plate though.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
Exactly what I have been thinking but I like the fact that tube ones are light weight. I know out here wirh the trees and stumpes that plate may be better.
Yeah, a tube just wouldnt protect your front end as much as a plate. If I got a bumper it would be plate.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #17
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I say tube. Saves weight and looks good imo, especially the Trail Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Tube if you are LT, plate if you are not LT.
I don't really agree with that
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #18
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
tube FTW... from Avid offroad! (un painted)

being made without the light hoop.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #20

There are pros and cons to both. I know plate will protect but be heavy. Tube is light and does not protect as much. Obviously the two plate opions are Elite and Relet. Fab. For tube the trail gear has caught my eye and I do like it. There are others out there though that I do like. Just a hard decision.

Sandman that tube does look nice on your truck.