1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD MAF Sensor Calibrator?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by chaz834, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    chaz834

chaz834 [OP] Tacoma 4 Life.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Kendrick, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport MGM
    3'' Tuff Counrty Lift, Moromoto Mini H1 Projectors 5000K 35W, BHLM, 30'' LED Light Bar, Black TOYOTA Emblem, Excelon Touch Screen Deck, Hertz Speakers,Excelon AMP, 2 10'' JL Audio Subs, Wet Okle seat covers, Weather Tech Floor Mats.
    Does anyone know if the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator will work good with the K&N CAI and if it is even worth the $?

And because I'm not good at wiring stuff in and for sure don't want to cut wires to my ECU.. On the plug and play harness page at the bottom it says FULL SERVICE PCU WIRING the it has a box that says under 10 connections and over 10 connections idk what this means if anybody can answer my ???????? that would be great...

http://www.urdusa.com/p1260518909/T...t_info.html?osCsid=usv2qfo4a1elk036lpkja2mb24

2. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gadget over at URD can answer all of your questions, but in a nutshell, what it does is corrects the info coming from the MAF to the ECU, without it your ECU senses incorrect airflow and dumps more gas that what is needed at lower RPMS, (closed loop), above 3000 RPM you get better performance out of your K&N setup. To me it was worth it because it restored a lot of the gas mileage i lost when I put the K&N on. This truck howls above 3k. To me it's paying for itself in gas savings.
    As for the harness, that sucker is more expensive than the unit itself because it is a labor intensive pain in the ass to build. Look, if you can solder wire with out burning shit up, the directions are clear, I checked THREE times which wires were which before I actually soldered anything and it came out fine. It's actually like seven wires that you solder on to and you cut the MAF wire itself.

3. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:39 PM
    chaz834

chaz834 [OP] Tacoma 4 Life.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Kendrick, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport MGM
    3'' Tuff Counrty Lift, Moromoto Mini H1 Projectors 5000K 35W, BHLM, 30'' LED Light Bar, Black TOYOTA Emblem, Excelon Touch Screen Deck, Hertz Speakers,Excelon AMP, 2 10'' JL Audio Subs, Wet Okle seat covers, Weather Tech Floor Mats.
    Yeah I would probably destroy something knowing me I would rather spend the extra money and play it safe I just don't understand what the over and under 10 connections thing is about....

4. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    IDK

Products Discussed in

To Top