Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME kit installed!

Old 07-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
OME kit installed!

Got the truck back last night and took some pictures this morning. Here it is!

OME Nitrochargers, 881s with trim packer on driver's side, Wheeler's 5 leaf pack, extended brake line.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
COOL
Old 07-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
very nice . ! thanks for the past advice on the 881's
Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
So you came out pretty level with 881's and the wheelers 5 leaf pack?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! You running 265/70/16's?

My OME rear shocks finally came in so now I can get mine put on.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonzorizo View Post
So you came out pretty level with 881's and the wheelers 5 leaf pack?

Well before I was sagging because of the camper shell and old leafs. Now I got back the rake I wanted and I think it's a perfect combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
Looks good man! You running 265/70/16's?

My OME rear shocks finally came in so now I can get mine put on.

Thanks! I'm running 265/75/16s right now.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

facemob's Tacoma Gallery
You feeling pretty confident about the cv angles ? i have the same front setup, but i ended up putting the diff drop in. The flutes on the inside were just about touching, but that settled in on its own in short time. I knew the drop kit wouldn't do much (and it didn't ) but it did a little....... i think. i figured for 25 bucks why not? you thinking about splurging on it or satisfied as is?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Good!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
Nick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nick
Nick_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
You feeling pretty confident about the cv angles ? i have the same front setup, but i ended up putting the diff drop in. The flutes on the inside were just about touching, but that settled in on its own in short time. I knew the drop kit wouldn't do much (and it didn't ) but it did a little....... i think. i figured for 25 bucks why not? you thinking about splurging on it or satisfied as is?
I have looked at a bunch of the guys that bought 881s and it doesn't seem like they have had problems with their CV angles. They are a little steep right now but I think they will settle in with time and will be okay. For right now I'm not doing a diff drop
Old 07-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
Looks Good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Taco View Post
Looks really good!
Thanks guys.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #16

facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
I have looked at a bunch of the guys that bought 881s and it doesn't seem like they have had problems with their CV angles. They are a little steep right now but I think they will settle in with time and will be okay. For right now I'm not doing a diff drop
in hind-sight i feel the same. after i put the new struts on, i lowered the truck from the jack stands, and looked at it, and that is when i decided on the drop..... i think driving it for a few days would have swayed my view. looks good though either way
Old 07-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #17
Reppin' BC
kyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud ofkyle39 has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
kyle39's Tacoma Gallery
Sick bro, OME FTW!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Yarp! Welcome to the OME club...
Old 07-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
Did you get the full 3"? I thought with the 881's your had to preload your shocks?

Im stoked for Eibach's and Billy's to arrive.They recommend i put the diff drop in. And if it doesnt do much, i can just take it out.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #20
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
The OME 881's (at least mine) do take awhile to sag down abit. For me it was about 2 months and one one wheeling trip. And i ran them on a 2.7l regular cab for 15k miles with no problems. I don't think you will need a diff drop