Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suggestions/Tips for 3 inch lift

Old 10-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions/Tips for 3 inch lift

I'm seriously considering a 3 inch suspension lift for my '01 taco. I found a Tuff Country lift that i'm liking...anyone have any suggestions or tips for what you have done/recommend?
Thanks...
Here's the link to the lift i'm currently looking at: http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/529043.html
Old 10-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I just want to throw a comment in here-IMO 3" is a perfect lift height for a 1st gen-my neighbor did a 6' lift and I have to say it looks really dumb I think it's because our trucks aren't that wide and when you add too much height that truck looks like a scissorjack! So whatever you decide, keep it in the ballpark
Beyond this, PM Chris4x4 if you want real smart advice.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Frank!!!

OP, If looking for a lift, some better options would be:
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

OR

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoadjbils.htm

I would recomend the OME lift, and get some better shocks since your going to have everything apart anyway, and they are probably due.