Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installing leaf pack...e-brake line may be in the way

Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Installing leaf pack...e-brake line may be in the way

My wife's grandfather (grandfather in law?) and I are working on lifting my truck. Right now at my house I've got all new shocks to go on it with 881 coils up front. I ordered a 3 leaf progressive AAL from wheelers that they said will be in around the middle of July, and I ran into a possible install problem. I searched around (Yay for me, right?) and found a good picture on TacoRojo's build. My e-brake cables DO NOT run in the same place as his, they run on top of my rear axle, I edited his picture with a red line showing where mine runs (You'll have to use your imagination and pretend that line doesn't run UNDER the leaf but OVER it). As they are now I don't think there will be enough room to squeeze the extra leafs in there, there's only about an inch of clearance between the cable and the top of the leafs.

What should I do to get them out of the way for the added leafs? Is mine in the stock location and his in a modified location? How can I move them?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is in the same place you should me fine I have a 8 pack with a U bolt flip kit and I still have room. There is a pin at the drum you can pull off to move them out of the way durring the install but you should have room.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
hmmm. thats kinda odd I think. I went outside and none of my lines run over my leafs. All run under. I'll edit with a pic in a second
1st Gen bud.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess I won't know for sure until I actually get the leafs in there, but man I think it will rub.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSkynyrd View Post
I guess I won't know for sure until I actually get the leafs in there, but man I think it will rub.
Take a better picture of the line going over the leaf pack and I'll go a get a shot of mine this evening after work and we can see if you are in a same spot as mine. You might have a bent bracket.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
Ron F. Swanson

I'll have to take one tommorrow, I'm not going by my his house till then, he lives a bit out of the way. I don't have the leafs yet, so I've got some figurin' time
Old 07-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
It will be close, but it will be fine. You just need to be careful as you feed the leaf in there. The line runs almost directly above the U-bolts, so the spring will never be able to flex up into the line.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
Ah! Good catch, JLee! lol I tried

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fail Douche boy !!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #11
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
mine go over the leaf pack as well... im very confused. sometimes the brake light will come on. quite often when weeling.

EDIT: my e brake line on clearly resting on the leafs.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
It will be close, but it will be fine. You just need to be careful as you feed the leaf in there. The line runs almost directly above the U-bolts, so the spring will never be able to flex up into the line.

Or you can just pull the pin and move the cable out of the way. That's what i did I wasn't trying to try and fish my 70lb leaf packs under the E-brake cable it comes off pretty easy.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #13
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Or you can just pull the pin and move the cable out of the way. That's what i did I wasn't trying to try and fish my 70lb leaf packs under the E-brake cable it comes off pretty easy.

Oh, look, I'm JLee and I like to do things the easy way...

I would like to think that that is what I did, too, but I can't even remember. I do remember pausing at least and thinking WTF? This is going to suck.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
mine go over the leaf pack as well... im very confused. sometimes the brake light will come on. quite often when weeling.

EDIT: my e brake line on clearly resting on the leafs.

Humm what packs are you running? I'm running the Expos that are an 8 pack and mine are not touching. You guys might be able to bend the brackets that hold the cable in place but it's kinda hard to determine without seeing it. I'll look at mine tonight and let you guys know if there is a way to resolve this.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Oh, look, I'm JLee and I like to do things the easy way...

I would like to think that that is what I did, too, but I can't even remember. I do remember pausing at least and thinking WTF? This is going to suck.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #16
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Humm what packs are you running? I'm running the Expos that are an 8 pack and mine are not touching. You guys might be able to bend the brackets that hold the cable in place but it's kinda hard to determine without seeing it. I'll look at mine tonight and let you guys know if there is a way to resolve this.

stock with a toytec 2 inch AAL. it was touching before the AAL also. i have a picture of my back shocks and you can kinda see the line.. hold on let me send it to tw live then put it on here

mine is like bending over the leafs. when i first got the truck the light never came on. but after wheelin for a while it does now. i probablybent something lol...
Old 07-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #17

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I knew I saw this somewhere. Check this out, Bajataco for FTW...

http://www.bajataco.com/Brakes2.html
Old 07-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #19
Banned
Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are all doing it wrong.
SUA FTMFW!!!!