1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question regarding this Tacoma and a general blue book question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by beedoola, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Jul 15, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    beedoola

beedoola [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma PreRunner 2.7
    I'm talking to a guy that has an 01' Prerunner SRD ext. cab, 130K miles, automatic, clean title. He wants $7.8 for it. That seems like a good deal ya?

My other question is private sellers arriving at their asking prices. For instance, the linked below 02' Tacoma has 147k on it. I did a general blue book inquiry and it was suggesting the private party price be something like 7k yet this person is asking 9k firm. Are they dreaming? Listing high knowing people will offer less? I didn't do a total detailed option blue book break down...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2482712397.html

2. Jul 15, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    Tacomas hold their value well, If your looking throughout the Bay Area and that prerunner is a TRD then 7.8 is a very good price for that truck. The other one is priced high, but some one will pick it up..

3. Jul 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    bicklebok

bicklebok Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    2000 Xtra Cab 4x4 SR5
    I watched quite a few Tacomas sell before I bought mine, and every one of them I was interested in sold for more than book value. And most were 130-200k mile range too. If you find one you really like and you really want it, you may have to shell out a few extra bucks or someone else will get it.

4. Jul 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    KBB sucks. Everything I found from private sellers was generally over KBB by 2k. And dealers were over that. I don't think KBB reflects actual demand and scarcity of these trucks, especially in the Bay Area. it is a national average, and stuff is more expensive here, and also because the Cali trucks aren't all rusted out...

Others have recommended using NADA for better info.

Hard to judge price wihtout knowing the condition of the truck and the service history, etc. If all is excellent and up to date, that price is probably not too unreasonable. But I never priced Prerunners, so I'm not sure. 4x4 is usually 1-2K more than 2wd.

5. Jul 15, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    beedoola

beedoola [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma PreRunner 2.7
    thats guys!!

from I gathered from the owner, the 7.8k one is in really good shape- we shall see, going to look at it tomorrow.

Products Discussed in

To Top