Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question regarding this Tacoma and a general blue book question

Old 07-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
beedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shed

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Question regarding this Tacoma and a general blue book question

I'm talking to a guy that has an 01' Prerunner SRD ext. cab, 130K miles, automatic, clean title. He wants $7.8 for it. That seems like a good deal ya?

My other question is private sellers arriving at their asking prices. For instance, the linked below 02' Tacoma has 147k on it. I did a general blue book inquiry and it was suggesting the private party price be something like 7k yet this person is asking 9k firm. Are they dreaming? Listing high knowing people will offer less? I didn't do a total detailed option blue book break down...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2482712397.html
Old 07-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomas hold their value well, If your looking throughout the Bay Area and that prerunner is a TRD then 7.8 is a very good price for that truck. The other one is priced high, but some one will pick it up..
Old 07-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
bicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ronnie
bicklebok's Tacoma Gallery
I watched quite a few Tacomas sell before I bought mine, and every one of them I was interested in sold for more than book value. And most were 130-200k mile range too. If you find one you really like and you really want it, you may have to shell out a few extra bucks or someone else will get it.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
KBB sucks. Everything I found from private sellers was generally over KBB by 2k. And dealers were over that. I don't think KBB reflects actual demand and scarcity of these trucks, especially in the Bay Area. it is a national average, and stuff is more expensive here, and also because the Cali trucks aren't all rusted out...

Others have recommended using NADA for better info.

Hard to judge price wihtout knowing the condition of the truck and the service history, etc. If all is excellent and up to date, that price is probably not too unreasonable. But I never priced Prerunners, so I'm not sure. 4x4 is usually 1-2K more than 2wd.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
beedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shed

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
thats guys!!

from I gathered from the owner, the 7.8k one is in really good shape- we shall see, going to look at it tomorrow.