Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adding coil spacers to a coil lift

Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
TailHuntinToy is on a distinguished road
TailHuntinToy's Tacoma Gallery
Adding coil spacers to a coil lift

Is it possible to add 2 or 3 inch coil spacers to a fabtech 3.5 inch coil lift. I havent read anything about people doing this so i was just wondering what u guys thought about it.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The reason why you haven't heard of anyone doing it because no one has done it. It's a bad idea to stack lifts like that. If you want a 6" lift then do it right, bite the bullet and spend the money and get a dedicated 6" lift and not some ghetto way of doing it.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BTW, which Fabtech lift are your referring to?
Old 10-18-2008, 03:34 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
The reason why you haven't heard of anyone doing it because no one has done it. It's a bad idea to stack lifts like that. If you want a 6" lift then do it right, bite the bullet and spend the money and get a dedicated 6" lift and not some ghetto way of doing it.
Actually - many many years ago I knew of some guys who put 1" spacers (2" lift) in with lift coils and they busted up the struts/shocks where the coil seats.

It's way too much pressure for the strut to handle and the welds break.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
bite me

^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone has done it, but would never admit to doing something stupid like that.