1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another noob question...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by socaltacoguy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jul 29, 2011 at 2:58 AM
    socaltacoguy

socaltacoguy [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner SR5
    When i am getting onto the highway, i always notice a pretty distinct drop in power around 70-75mph. It feels like an upshift, but when i have been watching my rpm's, they dont seem to be dropping in conjuction with the power drop.

To break out of the slump, i usually have to punch into the throttle for a downshift, which isnt a problem, i'm just wondering if there's something i can do to avoid it altogether.

Additional note: this always happens when i first get onto the highway, which is also a slight grade.

Any input is appreciated.

2. Jul 29, 2011 at 3:48 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    sounds like "auto lag" to me. When your tranny's trying to figure out whether it should shift up or down or stay the same gear and its internal clutches are engaging in and out.

I don't own automatics because i really don't like auto lag. But in truth, I'm not completely familiar with our specific automatics because i don't drive one. I'm sure one of the Auto guys can tell you if that's normal or not

Products Discussed in

To Top