LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Jack stand support opening wider than designated frame support area...

Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Jack stand support opening wider than designated frame support area...

I'm about to change my rotors but the jacks I have- my father's rather, have a opening that is wider than the jack area on the frame. I don't want to potentially damage the frame. Would it be alright to move te jacks a little more toward the inside of the frame where the two pieces of metal don't overlap?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It ain't gonna do shit to the frame, it's a West Coast truck.

I've put my jacks pretty much EVERYWHERE on a Tacoma frame that it is possible..including un-safe positions.

It's perfectly fine.

I usually put jacks right at the last straight portion of frame before it starts curving inward towards your front control arms.

That's a typical jack point on these trucks^

If your truck isn't too high off the ground, you can do the front frame rails but you have a Prerunner..so jacks probably won't reach it.
I personally would not support from the front cross member..the stance is not wide enough and make's for a unstable truck sometimes(try rocking it and see what happens)
Old 07-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I would not put that stand where it is on the first pic sitting on those two little dimples skeers me.
Find a better spot and do the shake test before crawling under it.
If it falls off on the shake test that is a bad day, if it falls off on you while you are jerking on stuff under it, it is a bad life.

Be safe man
Old 07-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
See attached. Looks like the FSM indicates cross member under tranny, and it looks like you are on LCAs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IN-8_jacking.pdf (48.4 KB, 74 views)
Old 07-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
See attached. Looks like the FSM indicates cross member under tranny, and it looks like you are on LCAs
na, I'm where you're talking about, just moved it over a tad inward.

Also have the jack in the center raising position in addition to the two stands.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoola View Post
na, I'm where you're talking about, just moved it over a tad inward.

Also have the jack in the center raising position in addition to the two stands.
OK, cool. Yeah, good call, I always leave the jack under somewhere...