Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LARGEST TIRES ON STOCK 2004 TACOMA V6 4X4???

Old 08-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
TacomaPilot2004 is on a distinguished road
TacomaPilot2004's Tacoma Gallery
LARGEST TIRES ON STOCK 2004 TACOMA V6 4X4???

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I wasn't able to find it. I have a 2004 Tacoma V6 4x4 and it is completely stock. My tires are going to be due soon, and I'd like to put the biggest all-terrain tires I can. Does anyone know how big I can go without needing a lift, and without causing any sort of rubbing or problems?

Thank you everyone!

Here is an example of what I'm trying to do but without a lift. I just want the plain black rim look with the offroad/all-terrain tires:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0001_large.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
LARGEST TIRES ON STOCK 2004 TACOMA V6 4X4???-tacoma.jpg  
Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
265s.... AKA 31's

there is a search button at the top
Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16
Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you Scott! I answer one damn question seriously and you beat me to it!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's a pic of my old 1st gen with 265/75/16s for ya as well
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Damn you Scott! I answer one damn question seriously and you beat me to it!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
31x10.5x15

which is basically the same as above but with a smaller wheel
Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #10

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

I'm going back to the old standby answer "Search".
Old 08-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #11

So yea... 31x10.5x15 if your running 15s or 265/75/16s if your running 16s
Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #12

Quote:
I'm going back to the old standby answer "Search".
Yup, good ol' faithful...can't go wrong there lol
Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #13

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The 265/75/16 is a bit taller tan the 31x10.5x15.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #14

Quote:
The 265/75/16 is a bit taller tan the 31x10.5x15.

from the online tire size calculator
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaPilot2004 View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I wasn't able to find it. I have a 2004 Tacoma V6 4x4 and it is completely stock. My tires are going to be due soon, and I'd like to put the biggest all-terrain tires I can. Does anyone know how big I can go without needing a lift, and without causing any sort of rubbing or problems?

Thank you everyone!

Here is an example of what I'm trying to do but without a lift. I just want the plain black rim look with the offroad/all-terrain tires:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0001_large.jpg
265/75/16s will cause some minor rubbing, mostly on the frame and wheel spacers would take care of that. If you want no rubbing at all then 265/70/16s would be a better choice. Another option would be tall skinny tires...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
Thank you so much to everyone for your help!!!

I am going to now start researching exactly what tires/wheels I'm going to get. Does anyone know what the bolt pattern is? I've checked the search button, but again am having trouble finding it.

Thank you!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
6 x 5.5
Old 08-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #18
Actually, I think I found it. Can anyone confirm that it is 6 on 5.5?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #19
Haha you beat me to my own post!!

Thank you!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
265/75/16s will cause some minor rubbing, mostly on the frame and wheel spacers would take care of that. If you want no rubbing at all then 265/70/16s would be a better choice. Another option would be tall skinny tires...

dude I ran 265/75/16s and had no issues at all...if you look up top you'll see the pic I posted of my old 1st gen...I even have the mud flaps on lol...