LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hit & Run on my truck tuesday night

Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Hit & Run on my truck tuesday night

Tuesday night i had my friends trailer on my truck and it was stting infront of my house in the street. I had the hitch less than an inch off the ball, because i was resting the trailer on the jack. Well between 1:30am and 8:00 am somone decided to plow into the back left side of the trailer, which obliderated the light, bent the square metal bumper, and pushed the hitch up into my clean shaven tailgate, leaving a MASSIVE dent and completley ruining it.

They of course left no note or contact info so i have no idea who it is. There is a super bright street lamp 3 ft from my driveway, so the entire part of the street was lit up and fairly bright. I dont see how its possible to run into this trailer unless they were sh*t face drunk or going 40mph and understeered the sharp turn. So i called the police that morning and they filed a hit and run, in his police report he put down that even though the hitch was not locked and snapped it was still one unit, so if i DO find the person my truck will be covered. God i hate people

In this picture that is where the hitch landed after it jumped off the ball and raped my tailgate

Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
bboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to all

bboynowee's Tacoma Gallery
That really blows....hope you find that sucker!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
dam bruh, thats all bad. you didnt hear anything from inside the house?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Runnerstrom28 will become famous soon enough
Name: Derek
Runnerstrom28's Tacoma Gallery
damn man! sorry to hear about your truck!
Karma will catch up with that asshole eventually!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, they probably drove their shit up onto the trailer...bad luck man
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
at least its a somewhat easy fix .. replace the tailgate. As for as the asshat who hit you .. F them!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain...I was the victim of a hit and run a few years back. Some idiot wiped out the entire side of my car one night. For that reason I will never live in a place that doesn't have off-street parking and/or a garage. Never did find the SOB, I hope you have better luck.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I feel your pain...I was the victim of a hit and run a few years back. Some idiot wiped out the entire side of my car one night. For that reason I will never live in a place that doesn't have off-street parking and/or a garage. Never did find the SOB, I hope you have better luck.
Agreed I always try to park off of the street and usually inbetween 2 cars so im kinda protected. I always try parking somewhere were it'd be hard to hit my truck accidentally.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully he had a $70,000 car and it got anhilated. Maybay he has a big strawberry on his face from the airbag going off.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like a residential neighborhood. Any chance you could drive through the neighborhood scouting for fresh carnage?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #14
SoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the roughSoCalGhost2 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chris
SoCalGhost2's Tacoma Gallery
Same here, I actually just got my truck scheduled for the repair from a hit and run a few months back, parked at a friends house on the road in BROAD DAYLIGHT and some jerk off hit my truck on the driver side taillight completly destroying the light and corner of the body. Ended up being a 1400 doller repair but we caught the SOB!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #15
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
That looks like a residential neighborhood. Any chance you could drive through the neighborhood scouting for fresh carnage?
^this. I don't supposed you were lucky enough to find a license plate laying in the street. I actually know someone who got hit/run, and found 1/2 of a plate stuck in the wreckage.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
i pounded some of it out, so the bottom portion doesent look as bad, and the handle on the inside isnt pushed almost all the way out, but there is still a large scratch, the bottom still looks like azz, and the top part still looks bad

for an unshaved, new gate with fresh paint its 700 bucks. Now i cant decide if i want to do it myself, again just with out acces to a shop like i had last time, or just screw it and go without having a shaved gate. I loved the ass end of my truck so much ill probably be rollin around with this ugly dented mess for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
There are 2 vehicles with front right side damage, an s10 that i dont think it is because its never driving around. And a big lifted white dodge that always drives around very fast and at all hours of the day and night because hes a tow truck driver.

The bumper is pretty high, but it looks fairly damaged and the license plate is basicly wrecked. It kind of looks like a piece of paper that got crumpled up into a ball and opened back up. A couple of my neighbors suggested it was him, because hes always driving fast. Then this morning i was out and he drove by, i just stared at him and he kind of nodded, like a normal person. But he was driving SOOO slow. Far different from his usual break neck speed. Even if it is him, there isnt really much proof, i guess i can go talk to him, but if he just denies it i cant really do anything. Ill go driving around again to see if there are any other damaged cars.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry that your Taco got damaged - and I hope they track the driver down.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I can't tell for sure from the pictures, but is there any white paint (or any paint from another vehicle for that matter) that you could use to loosely connect it with the car that did the damage? In other words, is there any white paint on the trailer or truck that could have come from the dodge?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #19
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Man, that sux! Should be an easy fix though.

Back when I had my '93 Toyota pickup, I had my tail gate damaged pretty bad when I took it to Costco for tires. When I went to go & pick it up, I did a double take thinking, "Wow, that looks just like my truck" & noticed that the tail gate was all smashed in. Hey, wait a minute, it's mine!! SHIT! Go to find out when they parked it, they left it in neutral & it rolled back into a parked Tahoe! Long story short, they payed for the damage, no problems. I got several estimates for a new tailgate and I actually wound up pocketing around 100 bucks because I didnt need the big "TOYOTA" sticker for it so that was cool.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #20
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
2 things ..1) What do you mean by a shaved gate (sorry if thats a lame question), and 2) See if you can look at his damage upclose. See if it has been rusted over or if its fresh. If there is no rust, you can assume its new damage, and then try to look for any paint that would match your trailer. Also, maybe take some rough measurements of his bumper height and compare it to your trailer height. Good Luck